Question

no outgoing calls or texts from a new handset

• 30 March 2022
  • 5 replies

I have a sim only unlimited deal. After paying off the bill I placed it in a new handset. Blackveiw 4900. Now the bill has cleared on the app but I still get redirected to the payments helpline when I make a call and cannot send texts or use data. The sim is picked up by the handset but the number shows as unknown on settings for the phone and sim. The APN setting are correct for ID. Unfortunately I don't have access to another handset to try the sim in that. I've also tried cleaning the sim and reinserting, a safe mode reboot and a factory reset.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Josh.S,

Is the handset showing the iD Mobile network?

It may be worth trying to leave the handset in Airplane mode for a few minutes.

Also have you checked if the handset is compatible with the iD Mobile network.

Kash

The network shows up but not the number

Also I can now receive incoming texts and calls but not outgoing

I just tried airplane mode for five minutes but no joy

The handset isn't on the list of compatible phones though

Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Josh.S,

It seems like it may be a handset issue but the only way to check is to insert the SIM into a different handset.

I know that you mentioned that you are unable to try in a different handset but this will assist us in solving the issue.

Kash

I have now tried a replacement sim in both the old handset and a brand new Samsung handset witch is definitely compatible. Still the same issue, outgoing calls go strait to the payment helpline and no outgoing texts or data. I need help fast as this issue is now effecting my work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Josh.S ,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?