Solved

No push notifications

• 16 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I use an iD mobile sim in an android phone tethered via USB to an Asus router for my home Internet connection. I've been using a Samsung Galaxy S9 for the past few months with no issues. However, I got a Galaxy A22 5G on Tuesday and swapped the sim into this phone, and connected this to my router. The A22 had been factory reset, and had a firmware update via WiFi before putting the sim in. It had a "Configuration settings" update message not long after the sim went in, and I'd connected it to the router. After this, none of the phones connected to my WiFi get push notifications until the phone WiFi is turned off, and mobile data is used (all on iD mobile too).

I've swapped the sim back into the S9, and connected this to the router again, but still no push notifications.

Any thoughts???

icon

Best answer by Tom 16 February 2024, 16:39

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Kev-S7 

Sorry to hear this, unfortunately we wouldn’t have too much guidance with this officially.

Some people who have had issues with notifications popping up have found success in toggling the Adult Content Filter found in the iD Mobile app/website account.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the reply @Tom. I tried that last night without success. However, on checking today, the toggling hadn't altered the setting - sites were still blocked.

I've moved the toggle a few times back and forth this morning, and I am now getting notifications again. Strange!

Now plucking up the courage to put the sim back in the A22, and tether that to the router.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Kev-S7,

Please let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi @Kash,

I swapped my sim back into the A22 and tethered it to my router over the weekend. All is good so far 🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Kev-S7 

Glad to hear, let us know if you need anything else.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?