Solved

no service for 2 days

• 3 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I have sim only contract since Feb 2021. I have not had any service/network coverage since Monday Oct 31, however everything was working fine prior to that. I cannot make calls or use data, i am sure i don't need to explain to you the level of inconvenience this is causing me every time i leave my house.

I have tried restarting my phone several times as well as putting my phone on airplane mode. I still have 0 bars with a message that says “no service”

Please help

icon

Best answer by Nida Dar 4 November 2022, 22:47

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 1

I have also tried removing the SIM card and putting it back in. I have the latest iPhone software update and no carrier update is available on settings. All my bills are paid and up to date.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Does the iD SIM card work in another phone @Nida Dar?

Did you check for faults at https://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support

Userlevel 1
Seems like this is the issue

What is the estimated time to get this back in working order? It has been three days that i have not had service around my home. This is critical for me as I am working from home, my son was ill at nursery and i wasn't able to receive their call to come and pick him up. Additionally I was not able to call the doctor and speak to them about my son’s illness.  

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Nida Dar, I don’t work for iD - just trying to help here.

If you’ve got a Wi-Fi network at home and your handset is supported for iD Wi-Fi Calling, use this service to call and text at home while the mobile network is being repaired.

Check if your phone does Wi-FI Calling at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/wifi-calling - then scroll down to the “How do I get Wi-Fi Calling?” section.

Good luck @Nida Dar.

Userlevel 1

This advice and link was completely misguided. It turns out idmobile/carphone warehouse had put a block on my SIM card for some unknown reason (despite my bills being paid on time every month). When I was finally able to reach an agent on the live chat they were able to unblock it - but couldn’t tell me why it had been blocked in the first place… frustrating but at least my phone is working now

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Nida Dar,

Glad to hear this.

There are 2 types of blocks applied 

A suspension due to non-payment (which bars outgoing services)

or

A suspension on the account services due to it being reported blacklisted/ or by our Fraud Team.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?