Question

NO signal and sim replaced.

• 20 October 2023
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1

I have just joined in the last week, number ported over on Tuesday 17th, made one phone call and now absolutely no signal.  
this is day 3 of no signal, went and got a new SIM card as I popped into Currys and was advised no issue in that area(still no signal for me). 
Changed the sim and still the same and the sim has been activated. FK3 area were they state they are working on a technical issue. Other phones in the home on three and have no issues, phone rebooted etc but still not even one bar and the network not identified in the setting of the phone. Tried another sim in the phone and the network picked up (Lyca). Options or advise please as can’t receive phone calls and messages and waiting for important call !!!

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Is the no signal issue in one location, or everywhere you go @Davuck

Have you tried a NETWORK RESET on the handset with the iD SIM card? 

The handset user guide should explain how to do this.

Userlevel 1

@andewhite thank you for reply, yes everywhere inside or outside and just no service, even when travelling 5+ miles to the curry’s shop where service is ok and again nothing for me. Yes and thanks I had tried the network reset too. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Maybe the handset in network locked to the EE network @Davuck

Is the handset on the iD Mobile approved handset list? 

Check online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/approved-handsets.

Userlevel 1

So I just joined last week with a new iPhone 15 pro. I did have a signal at one point when I first started the phone , my number got ported 2 days later, I had placed 1 phone call and no issue, then just gone the to only show no service. 
This is the reason I went to change the sim as advised and still nothing and sim is activated. Done the reboots etc. tried a three sim in it too and although it did not show in the menu the three network setting all present under the network profile on the phone. Anyone else experienced this ? Thanks @andewhite 

Userlevel 1

Just to add about the importance of the phone call ability for me, it’s my means of verifying for work email accounts and more but with no network then absolutely nothing. Thanks 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Davuck, I’m just a forum member like yourself.
The iD Mobile staff only read posts here once a day, sometimes less frequently than this.

If there is no reception anywhere when you’re using the iD SIM in your new iPhone 15, it could be a faulty handset or an iOS bug. 

If getting this fixed is important, then Apple support or the online iD live chat service are probably better options - one issue now is iD agents stop work at 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).

Another possibility is visit a Currys or Apple store, where in-store staff may be able to help.

Userlevel 1

@andewhite thanks again very much appreciated your help. Yes looks like a trip to Currys, hand set and contract was via Carphone warehouse so here’s hoping on a resolution or at least maybe cancellation of contract🤷‍♂️ I don’t know what’s best now. 
Anyhow I appreciate your help 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Davuck,

Welcome to the Community!

It looks like @andewhite has answered your query.

If you require further assistance you can get back to us here.

Kash

Userlevel 1

@andewhite Looking for a little bit of understanding now that I can see I am showing a mobile network. So I believe I have also requested activation of my sim from what I can see, but still I can’t send or receive txt or make/receive calls. Is this an activation issue?  
I have tried the resets as previously advised thanks 

Userlevel 1

Think I have the same issue as @preedygood posted in the way I think my number port has been split. I have exact same problems as described. Now to run the chance of getting to live chat and fixed 🤞. If anyone else can advise? Still no phone ability or txt message. 🤷‍♂️ thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Davuck,

Did you still require assistance with this?

If so please get back to us and we will PM you.

Kash

Userlevel 1

@Kash yes very much so if you can help as again most of last night on live chat to get absolutely nowhere. Was basically told that an email has been sent to three and I need to wait another 48 hrs. 
this now puts me into joining id mobile for 2 weeks now and no service available. Yes I have a network connection now, but can’t make or receive phone calls or txt messages. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Davuck 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?