Question

No SIM has been sent, so can't register ID account, what to do?

• 5 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Last week, I switched to ID mobile (SIM only, pay monthly) to use the 30gb roaming while travelling round Europe, which is much better than the 5gb I get with my current provider.

No SIM card has been sent, and ID haven't sent any form of dispatch/tracking email, so I know it's not just a delayed delivery. This means I don't have access to my new ID mobile number, which I need to be able to register my ID account, as it sends a security text to that number. I don't know what to do - as I can't login to my ID account, haven't got a SIM in the post waiting for me, and the direct debit is set up so will be charging me soon for a service I can't use. I'm leaving tomorrow morning so don't have time to go to Curry's to get a free SIM as some posts have suggested.

What can I do?

Thanks for your help.

​​​

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

iD Mobile only post their SIM cards to UK addresses, so you might be without an iD SIM card until you return to the UK @fhjkenfkenklmf. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @fhjkenfkenklmf 

I’m sorry to hear this, what date did you order your SIM card? Royal Mail delivers our SIM cards within 3-5 working days, if this hasn’t arrived within 3-5 working days it would be best to grab a replacement SIM card, either via your local Currys store or we can have one sent out via DPD, however only to UK addresses.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?