Question

No way to recieve security code during account registration

• 21 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all,  I bought an Id mobile sim only. As soon as I received this I got a pac code from my old provide and ported my number across to Id.

I can use the mobile phone fine to make and recieve calls and texts, all is fine.

The issue I have is that I can't register for a id mobile account online via the Web or the android app. 

If I put in my mobile number which I ported from my old provider the Id website says the number is not recognised. If I put in the original number id mobile gave to me it is accepted but there is no way I can received the security test message from them because I ported the number.

Any ideas how to register? I tried the online chat and it says its too busy and I should try later. I keep trying this support chat but can't ever get through. 

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’d suggest contacting the iD social media customer support team privately by using Facebook (with Messenger), or Twitter (by DM), for assistance.

The support teams work until 8pm on weekdays (and 6pm at weekends).

Otherwise, wait here for iD staff to read your post.
The iD staff usually read forum posts once a day, although sometimes less frequently.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the reply. I Contacted id mobile through Facebook messenger and they helped out. Turns out the porting wasn't complete so they re-started the process and it now recognises my ported number. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @CBJuk,

Glad to hear that you managed to get some assistance.

If you require further help, please let us know.

Kash