Solved

not receiving international sms whilst roaming

• 29 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Whilst roaming in Greece I am unable to receive any international SMS. I have enabled international calls and messages on my phone and data roaming. I have set my additional charges cap at £5.00. I have selected to allow all calls and messages on my phone and roaming is activated. I can receive sms from uk but not international. I am trying to receive an important international automated sms. Any help is appreciated

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 30 May 2023, 15:59

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Carl Swallow,

Welcome to the Community!

Whilst abroad you’ll need to enable roaming on your iD Mobile account and the phone.

Please ensure you are connected to either Wind Hellas or Cosmote whilst abroad.

If you are receiving a code from an international number is the +44 dialling code being used before your number?

Kash

Kash, I have done all of that the phone is fully enabled and I have been using it for several weeks. All other functions work except for the text. This is an issue with id mobile and the sim card not with my use of the phone. The technical help chat is down and so I have given up. I will be leaving id mobile as soon as is convenient for me. I have taken a local sim card to solve my urgent problem. Thanks for your reply and input

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Carl Swallow,

As Kash mentioned, you need to make sure that your phone has also been recorded correctly on the system from which you are receiving the texts from. As you can receive SMS fine, this indicates that roaming services are working correctly.

If the text is still not being received, you would need to raise this with the service sending the SMS directly.

Mohammed

Muhammed, I am in Greece, I have friends of various nationalities. I have asked them to send me sms. My French friends sms show as sent on his phone but I do not recieve them. My Austrian friend I get them no problem. Same with Germany. My Greek friends show as sent but same as the French I do not receive them. They are all using phones from their own countries and all phones were roaming on Cosmote Greek network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Carl Swallow,

If you are receiving messages from some people but not others it sounds like it may be an issue with the senders network providers.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?