Question

Number has not been ported from EE

• 31 October 2023
  • 8 replies

My old mobile number was due to be ported from EE to iD Mobile on 27/10/2023 using the PAC code I was given by EE. My number was disconnected from EE at around midday on the 27th but my number still hasn’t been ported over to my iD SIM.

I’ve contacted EE’s MNP team who say the number ported has been processed on their end but whenever I speak to iD’s live chat, they keep saying the same thing; that “All number transfers require the original network to supply a file to the new network. This file has not been supplied which is completely outside of our control”.

I need this to be sorted ASAP.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Luke Newcombe,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear that the port has not completed.

It sounds like it’s a file exchange delay which is causing the issue. Did the team advise they would escalate it to the relevant team?

If you would like us to check it out, please get back to us and we can escalate it for you.

Kash

I spoke to someone over live chat and mentioned that they need to escalate the issue to the MNP team but they did not confirm this.

@Kash My number has STILL not been ported over to my new phone and I’ve had zero communication from iD with an update as to why this hasn’t happened yet. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Luke Newcombe 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

My number from EE hasn't been transferred. I spoke to EE and they told me the PAC code provided has been used.

I am unable to access live chat with ID

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Lachezar Haralambiev 

I’m sorry to hear this, what date was your number due to transfer over to iD Mobile?

When you call out, does the iD Mobile number or the ported number show on the receivers side?

Tom

All sorted now! 

It wasn't ID mobile fault. I have given them later date for parting the number. Instead of November I have put December. 

My old phone number has been now ported

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Lachezar Haralambiev 

Glad to hear that's sorted now.

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?