Question

Number has not transferred yet

Provided my PAC code when i set up my contract and was told it would transfer next day

Now a week later it stil hasn’t swapped over??

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

What was the transfer date you entered at the point-of-purchase @Scott Sharp?

Sometimes, even when you give a transfer date at point-of-purchase, the date doesn’t get recorded so your transfer doesn’t happen.

I’d suggest contacting iD privately about this using iD online live chat, Facebook Messenger, or Twitter (by DM). The support teams work until 8pm on weekdays.

I'm the same! My number was suppose to transfer today and it's half done it. When I call (on WiFi calling) my number (I want to keep) comes up but when people ring or message me it's going to my old SIM which is my old provider EE? I didn't realise you can't actually speak to a human on the phone at ID mobile either, regret changing to them already

Userlevel 1

I am facing problem with my number transfer as well. My switch date was today and the SIM is now activated. However my family members are unable to contact me on my mobile number- it says number not available.I am able to call others and they are seeing the correct phone number .please advise.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I'm the same! My number was suppose to transfer today and it's half done it. When I call (on WiFi calling) my number (I want to keep) comes up but when people ring or message me it's going to my old SIM which is my old provider EE? I didn't realise you can't actually speak to a human on the phone at ID mobile either, regret changing to them already

Mobile number transfers don’t take place immediately, on the transfer day, @Hanson

It often takes several hours or longer, from when your EE SIM card becomes inactive and before the number you wanted to keep works with your iD SIM card.

When I transferred my number to iD, I had no mobile service for around 5-hours (on the transfer day).

For assistance from iD use their online live chat, Facebook Messenger, or send a Twitter DM (direct message). The support teams work until 8pm on weekdays (and 6pm at weekends). 

Well that makes me feel a little better, I still don't like that you can't speak to someone over the phone tho! Thank you for your reply hopefully by end of play today it's worked x

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I am facing problem with my number transfer as well. My switch date was today and the SIM is now activated. However my family members are unable to contact me on my mobile number- it says number not available.I am able to call others and they are seeing the correct phone number .please advise.

It often takes several hours or longer, from when your old provider’s SIM card becomes inactive and the number you wanted to keep works properly with your iD SIM card.

I’d recommend leaving the handset with your iD SIM card turned OFF and check every 45-minutes.
Turn the handset OFF between checks as well @spal

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Well that makes me feel a little better, I still don't like that you can't speak to someone over the phone tho! Thank you for your reply hopefully by end of play today it's worked x

Unfortunately, there’s no telephone support helpline for iD Mobile - help & support is 100% online. 

This is not uncommon amongst the second-tier mobile service providers @Hanson.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Scott Sharp 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Hanson 

If the number is correct when calling out but incorrect on texts this could be fully ported but either iMessage or RCS is having issues.

Are you sure the previous SIM card is still live and has signal?

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @spal 

Does the same issue happen beyond 10pm on the day of the port happening?

Let us know if you still have issues.

Tom

Userlevel 1

The issue was sorted same day by the customer support team. I contacted them through FB messenger.SIM is working fine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @spal ,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?