Solved

Number unobtainable following port

• 24 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

All,

I have transferred my existing number across to IDmobile yesterday. I am able to make outgoing calls and send texts - however calls to me from other networks receive “you have dialed an incorrect number” and any SMS’s they send do not come through to me. 

I think there has been an issue with my number port (I have seen similar issues being reported by others recently).

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by pinuk 24 January 2023, 11:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 1

It’s all working now - thanks!

Userlevel 1

How long did it take from your old sim card being cut off to going over to the id one as my o2 one is now dead but not active on my id sim yet??

Im having the same issues as you but i can call out??

Userlevel 1

How long did it take from your old sim card being cut off to going over to the id one as my o2 one is now dead but not active on my id sim yet??

Im having the same issues as you but i can call out??

I am not sure as there was little gap between my old SIM going off to the number being transferred to ID. I would say it happened in a number of minutes. 

I was able to call and send texts out from the number I transferred. But I could not receive them (when calling from another network you just got a number unobtainable message or tone.)

I think (from reading other posts) that this is due to a partial port completing and it seems to happen on IDmobile fairly regularly. There were a couple of others people saying this yesterday too.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

All,

I have transferred my existing number across to IDmobile yesterday. I am able to make outgoing calls and send texts - however calls to me from other networks receive “you have dialed an incorrect number” and any SMS’s they send do not come through to me. 

I think there has been an issue with my number port (I have seen similar issues being reported by others recently).

Thanks.

When I ported my number to iD, I had no service for around 5 hours between the time my old provider’s SIM became inactive, and my number being available on my iD Mobile SIM.

Good luck @pinuk

Userlevel 1

cheers @pinuk and @andewhite I will keep an eye on it as need my phone for work.(been with o2 for 15 years so its been a long time i have done this)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Tony Adnitt,

If you do have any issues, give us a shout here and we can check into this for you! 

Mohammed

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Tony Adnitt,

If you do have any issues, give us a shout here and we can check into this for you! 

Mohammed

It seems to be solved now, as noted by @Tony Adnitt here.

Why iD Mobile?