Question

Old iD contract to New iD contract. Need help transferring my old number and new sim has already been activated?

• 22 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Bit of a long one!

My old contract (sim only) came to an end this year back in sept.

So, time for a new phone and contract. Found a good one on the black friday deals, with iD. Purchased the phone along with a different contract. Things that has went wrong:

1. Wanting to cancel the sim only, as its past its duration and been rolling since
  2. I want to move my old number to the new phone
  3. When trying to register the new sim, apparently its already been activated and I cant make a new account with it

Tried the live chat and that got me absolutely no where. Can anyone help? As I really want to keep my old number

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Sophea Ali, you can’t move a mobile number from one iD account to another iD account.

So, you’ll need to port the iD mobile number you want to keep to another mobile service provider, using a PAC.

Once the port from iD to your new provider has been completed, you’ll need to port the number you want to keep back to the iD account you plan to use going forward.

Good luck @Sophea Ali.
🤞🤞🤞 

Userlevel 1

So my new provider is iD, will this still work ?

Thanks @andewhite 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

So my new provider is iD, will this still work ?

Thanks @andewhite 

How many iD plans (active SIM cards) have you got @Sophea Ali?

Your initial post said you had two iD plans - you cannot move a mobile number from one iD plan to another iD plan.

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hey @Sophea Ali, 

As ​​​​​​@andewhite mentioned, unfortunately you’re unable to transfer your number from one iD Mobile account to another as you run the risk of losing your number. You’ll need to transfer your number from your old iD Plan to another network then once the transfer is complete, request a PAC code from that network and transfer your number back to iD. 

If you do wish to transfer your number in the way just mentioned, here’s what the process will look like: 

1. Request a PAC from iD from your old SIM - You can do this in the iD Mobile app or by texting PAC DDMMYY to 65075 (DDMMYY should be your date of birth, for example, 301099 would be 30th October 1999) and we'll text you back with your PAC
  2. Get a SIM from another network (ideally a Pay As You Go account so you’re not tied into a contract) 
  3. Give the other network the PAC provided by iD - transferring your number over should take around 24 hours as long as it’s not done over the weekend or a public holiday. 
  4. Once the transfer is complete - request a PAC from the other network (at this point your old iD plan will be disconnected) 
  5. Submit the PAC to iD using the details of your new account, and your number should be transferred back within 24 hours (providing it’s not the weekend or a public holiday) 

As for registering your new account on the iD Mobile app you’ll need to use a different email address to the one you’re currently using. 

Hope the above helps, 

Thanks,

Nikhil

Why iD Mobile?