Question

Old number has not fully transferred

• 12 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi I bought an iPhone 14 with your network via Carphone warehouse and entered the pac code during the purchase. I have switched from EE to ID.

Today I received a text from ID saying the switch had taken place. The phone registers that my old number is in place, so I can receive and send texts but can only make calls but can’t receive them. 

I have restated the phone multiple times and the old number is registered in settings. Any solution would be appreciated.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like a possible network routing issue, which I think someone else posted about recently @Rodbooth

If it’s not, then something might’ve gone wrong with your number transfer, which may take a few days to resolve, because the gaining provider (iD) need to contact the losing provider (EE) to get the data files sent to iD again.

In your position, I’d get in-touch using the iD Mobile online live chat service, or by contacting iD privately on Facebook (Messenger), or Twitter (DM).

The customer support team work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).

🍀

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi I bought an iPhone 14 with your network via Carphone warehouse and entered the pac code during the purchase. I have switched from EE to ID.

Today I received a text from ID saying the switch had taken place. The phone registers that my old number is in place, so I can receive and send texts but can only make calls but can’t receive them. 

I have restated the phone multiple times and the old number is registered in settings. Any solution would be appreciated.

If you received a text today from iD Mobile informing you that the switch had taken place then your port in date must have been today. If true, you need to be patient as the port is likely still going on in the background.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Rodbooth 

Have you still been having issues with this? A port can take up to 10pm on the day it happens so we’d recommend allowing for up to then for any ports to be completed.

It’s also worth double checking the SIM card in another device to see if the issue happens there.

Tom

I had the same problem, and days later it is not fixed. Apple Support said that if I couldn’t change it on my phone, it needs to be done by ID on their end. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @goffchris

Just one thing to double check, if you follow the below steps, does the phone allow you to change the number in your phone settings, or does it not save?

1) Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)

2) Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)

3) Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct.

4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number

5) Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)

6) Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under "Start new conversations from:"

If you are having issues with step 4 please reset network settings and try again. Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

-Lauren

Why iD Mobile?