Question

Old number has not switched to my ID SIM

• 28 October 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I requested the switch from EE on 25/10 and I was told it would happen on 27/10 (yesterday). My number is still active on my old SIM. I see there are delays switching from O2. Is this also the case with other networks? 

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @RhysR,

Welcome to the Community!

Just checking how you got on with the number port has it now ported over?

If you still require assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Yes thanks Kash, I messaged ID on Twitter/X 2 days ago which seemed to help, and it switched over today. 

Userlevel 1

Hi. I am having the same problem, oddly one person can ring me on my old ported number, for everyone else it is showing up as a new number. It has my old, ported number on the ID limited app dashboard. I have tried going into iPhone settings to update the number and it doesn't save. Can someone please help! Unable to fully use properly as the number hasn't fully came across it seems. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi. I am having the same problem, oddly one person can ring me on my old ported number, for everyone else it is showing up as a new number. It has my old, ported number on the ID limited app dashboard. I have tried going into iPhone settings to update the number and it doesn't save. Can someone please help! Unable to fully use properly as the number hasn't fully came across it seems. 

Have you tried a NETWORK RESET @Sinkorswim
The Apple iOS user guide will usually explain how to do this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @RhysR 

Glad to hear the team on Twitter could help out here.

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Sinkorswim 

I’d recommend the above from @andewhite to try a network reset.

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Have you tried a NETWORK RESET @Sinkorswim
The Apple iOS user guide will usually explain how to do this. 

This worked! Thanks so much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Sinkorswim,

Glad to hear that this is resolved.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?