Question

Old number not transferred today on scheduled transfer date. What happens now?

• 2 January 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I supplied my PAC code and chose today to transfer over as it was the earliest available date, but nothing has happened? Old SIM with old provider still working, no texts or any updates on what’s actually happening. Can’t register for an account with ID mobile app as I can’t use my old number so I feel like I’m at a loss already and I haven’t even started using ID mobile. I paid to leave my old provider early to make sure there were zero problems in keeping my old number and now I’m worried. What are my next steps now? 

9 replies

I have the exact same issue, switch date was yesterday but no update yet.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I supplied my PAC code and chose today to transfer over as it was the earliest available date, but nothing has happened? Old SIM with old provider still working, no texts or any updates on what’s actually happening. Can’t register for an account with ID mobile app as I can’t use my old number so I feel like I’m at a loss already and I haven’t even started using ID mobile. I paid to leave my old provider early to make sure there were zero problems in keeping my old number and now I’m worried. What are my next steps now? 

If your old service provider’s SIM is still working, then sounds like your switch hasn’t started. 

Use the online iD Live Chat service to discuss your switching date @Kayleighm
The agents work until 8pm on weekdays.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Kayleighm & @Hari Pillai 

There have been some notifications sent saying that the port would be on 02/01/24, however the port was actually scheduled for 03/01/24, we can only apologise for this delay, please could you let us know how you’re getting on?

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi @Tom,

Thanks for your message, after speaking to someone from customer services yesterday the port seems to have gone through now. Thank you for replying, the issue seems to be resolved now :) 

I have same problem it’s supposed to change today morning.my old number disconnected.how do I fix this 

Can’t chat to live chat why

Why it’s not switching f hell

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I have same problem it’s supposed to change today morning.my old number disconnected.how do I fix this 

Unfortunately, number switching in the UK doesn’t happen immediately, @Rubel123.
When I switched to iD Mobile, I had no service for approx. 5-hours while the number I wanted to keep was transferred from my old service provider to iD.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Kayleighm 

Glad to hear they were able to help you out with this, please let us or them know if you need any further assistance.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?