Question

Original number due to expire

Hi. I’ve transferred over to ID from another provider and ported my original number across which I got a message to confirm had happened however I keep getting a message saying the number I want to keep is expiring in 5 days. I don’t want to lose this number as it’s been with me years and is connected to my business. Can someone please advise what I need to do? Never had this problem before. 

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Just a cautionary note @Ricky Ricard, iD Mobile only provide contracts for personal use, as stated in their terms & conditions. 

Sounds like you might have a new iPhone, and possibly upgraded from an older iPhone?

Hi Thanks. I have a lot of work contacts but it’s my personal phone. I’m using the same phone that I’ve had for around a year. It’s not a new phone. Just don’t want to lose my original number. Thanks. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Is this an iPhone @Ricky Ricard
Sometimes the Apple iMessage service sends these warnings - not sure why, perhaps Google knows?  

It is. An iPhone 13. Will have a look 👀 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Apple can’t expire your mobile number @Ricky Ricard. They link a number to your iPhone for iMessage services. 

If you used the iD SIM card in your iPhone before you transferred the number you wanted to keep to iD, perhaps the Apple iMessage service has linked the initial iD number to your iPhone.

Thanks. Makes sense👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ricky Ricard 

I’d recommend contacting Apple directly about this, it sounds like an iMessage issue which would be their service.

Tom

Hi. So my old number has expired and is no longer linked to my iMessage account which is really frustrating! This is an ID mobile issue and not an Apple one. My new number is still showing as current despite a confirmation that my existing number which I need to keep has been ported across. Can you please rectify this situation before I leave ID and go back to my original provider! Thanks. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi. So my old number has expired and is no longer linked to my iMessage account which is really frustrating! This is an ID mobile issue and not an Apple one. My new number is still showing as current despite a confirmation that my existing number which I need to keep has been ported across. Can you please rectify this situation before I leave ID and go back to my original provider! Thanks. 

Is the ‘new’ number the one that iD initially allocated to your iD account and iD SIM?

Whereabouts are you seeing the ‘new’ number now @Ricky Ricard

If iMessage is OFF (Settings > Messages, with iMessage toggled OFF), are text messages being sent/received okay using SMS?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @andewhite 

Have you tried the above from @andewhite?

Have you tried resetting your network settings too?

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?