Question

OTP texts and calls not coming through from Halifax

• 21 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Same issue as all the others - no OTP texts or calls coming through from Halifax. From the community forum I can see that this has been an issue for a huge number of people for a long period of time, so it is unclear why ID Mobile have not instigated a permanent fix for this issue long ago. I need this to be resolved ASAP as I am currently unable to access my online banking. How has this been resolved for other users?

I can confirm my bank has the correct mobile number. All regular texts and calls are coming through fine. ID need to fix this issue with their service provision immediately, going by how many people have been affected to date.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried uninstalling the Halifax mobile banking app, then reinstalling their app?

This procedure has fixed this issue for some other iD customers having trouble receiving their banking OTP messages.

Userlevel 1

Have you tried uninstalling the Halifax mobile banking app, then reinstalling their app?

This procedure has fixed this issue for some other iD customers having trouble receiving their banking OTP messages.

I am trying to log in to my online banking, not the app - for MFA I am supposed to receive either a text message, or a phone call, so that I can access my account. This worked fine on my previous mobile provider, but I do not receive any of the texts or calls via ID mobile. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I have been a Halifax customer while using iD Mobile and their OTP messages reached me.

Also, assuming you’ve double-checked the mobile number held by Halifax is still correct?

Otherwise, maybe some UK banks keep a record of the mobile service provider, for any given customers mobile contact number, and if you change provider they see a problem - what do Halifax say?

Userlevel 1

I have been a Halifax customer while using iD Mobile and their OTP messages reached me.

Also, assuming you’ve double-checked the mobile number held by Halifax is still correct?

Otherwise, maybe some UK banks keep a record of the mobile service provider, for any given customers mobile contact number, and if you change provider they see a problem - what do Halifax say?

Halifax say that there is no issue their end - I have confirmed they hold the correct number for me, their system just shows that they cannot get through to me.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

What handset are you using?

Have you recently joined iD and ported your number over to iD?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Has the Halifax number, used with their OTP messages, been added to the blocked contacts on your phone by mistake?

Why iD Mobile?