out if date cobtract

I’ve cancelled contract as been out of date for some time still getting charged , I owe nothing , you owe me !

This topic has been closed for comments

18 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

How did you cancel @Sarah-jane Richards?

Through Caroline warehouse as contract was through them that’s how long ago yet still being charged for a phone not in use 

Car phone warehouse 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Did you cancel/return a device under the cooling off period (within the first 14 days)?

I cancelled when contract ended but recently found I’m still being charged monthly so I’ve stopped direct debit I’m bot paying for a phone bit in use 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You cannot give the required notice to end your agreement via Carphone Warehouse. As per the terms and conditions of your contract, if you want to end your agreement you have to do it as stated in the T&C’s shown below.

17. Notices

17.1 If you want to end your agreement, you must contact us through the 'Contact Us' section in our website at www.idmobile.co.uk/contactus and give us at least 30 days’ notice or alternatively you may log in to your account using the iD app and set a future disconnection request by selecting a date which is at least 30 days in to the future. If you prefer to contact iD Mobile via letter, please send this to iD Mobile Ltd, PO Box 686, Salford M5 0PA. You must include your full name, your billing address with post code, your iD mobile telephone number and the name of the bank your direct debit is with to help us locate your account. If you would like to give us notice beyond 30 days in to the future, you can contact us at www.idmobile.co.uk/contactus for more details.Whenever you have a No Fee Right to Exit you must exercise it within 30 days of it arising; if you do not notify us within this period, you will lose the right to terminate.

17.2 Proof of sending does not guarantee our receipt of your notice. You must ensure that you have received an acknowledgement from us which should be retained by you.

17.3 We may send notices to you under or in connection with this Agreement:

17.3.1 by posting them to the address of which you have informed us; or

17.3.2 by SMS, which shall be sent to your mobile phone number; or

17.3.3 by e-mail to the email address of which you have informed us; or

17.3.4 by push notification to your Mobile Device.

17.4 Notices sent by post will be deemed to have arrived at their destination within 3 working days after posting, and notices delivered by hand or given by SMS or e-mail shall be deemed to have been delivered the day after the day the notice is sent.

FYI - Cancelling the direct debit won’t close your iD Mobile account. You will just rack up a debt. Any outstanding balance will then be passed on to a debt collection agency which, in turn, will show on your credit file and prevent you obtaining any further credit for the next six years.

If you want to speak to a live chat agent and give the required notice, you can do so here.

I’ve also emailed I’d at same time , I’ve pointed this out Caroline ware house also rang id whilst i was in store to confirm cancellation the phone has not been in use for over a year I have no reply from you when I contact I’m not paying any more you owe me over a years worth of money for a phone not in use 

There is no outstanding valence as I’ve cancelled informed both on many occasions, this is the worst phone company to deal with and contact absolutely pathetic I won’t be paying anything I’m well with in my right as it’s a cancelled contract 

I signed a 2 year contract which ended nearly 2 years ago in which I cancelled and switched suppliers , as this is useless I will be trying to claim the money back you literally stole from my account as I cancelled through both departments 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I signed a 2 year contract which ended nearly 2 years ago

No, your minimum term came to an end at which point your agreement continues on a 30 day rolling basis until you cancel the agreement or upgrade. I’m not trying to argumentative, I am just a customer like you and pointing out what is required to cancel a service agreement.

Do you have proof that you gave the required notice?

I did cancel with both but yet they still taking money I’ve recently tried contacting them again to no avail they have an awful service 

Caroline warehouse has now shut down and I can’t get hold of them to produce evidence as when I try now they cut contact can’t log in as I’m signed out as I cancelled contract so can’t win 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Carphone Warehouse closed all their retail stores back in 2020, three years ago!

It’s is how long they been taking money and sending emails even thou I cancelled it’s in going I’ve cancelled yet they still trying to say I have nt the phone has gone it’s been that long 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Sarah-jane Richards 

Please note @WelshPaul is just a user on the forum like you, just trying to help.

You wouldn’t be able to cancel a plan you have with iD Mobile via Carphone Warehouse/Currys unless you use a PAC code to another network via them.

The contract wouldn’t automatically cancel after the minimum contracted period ends, we’d need the account holder to contact us themselves directly so that we can close the account.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

I’m not logged in because account was cancelled 

I kniw every one was trying to help you cancelled the login as I cancelled contract so why am I still being billed having emails sent that it will affect my credit and debt collection when I cancelled ? That can be intimidating and as a company should not be intimidating customers past or present 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Sarah-jane Richards 

We have messaged you via private message, please continue contact there.

Our intention wouldn’t be to intimidate, however should money be owed we would request this.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?