Question

Outbound Audio not working when making or recieving calls

• 25 August 2022
  • 8 replies

In the last month I have been having an issue when making or recieving calls the other party is not able to hear me.When the issue happens I have tried switching on and off speaker to swap between the two mics. The issue also occurs when connected to my cars hands free.  

I have a Samsung A51 and have run a full diagnostics on the handset. I can confirm both mics are 100% working.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sorry @Mahoney002, how does switching off the speaker make the phone switch microphones?

Have you tried making a voice recording, and/or videos with audio, in order to verify all the relevant microphones are working?

@andewhite

Since the Galaxy S6 or possibly earlier, Samsung's handsets have been fitted with dual mics. The top mic is used alongside the bottom mic when the handset is put in speaker mode when on a call. 

My phone has a diagnostic app found in Settings > Battery and device care. This allows me to test all the hardware of my handset. One of these tests is to record audio from each of the two mics and plays it back.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Mahoney002, seems the recording diagnostic tests are pretty comprehensive.

It could still be worth making a voice recording and/or video recording with audio to double check the mics and diagnostic test results.

Have you asked the online Samsung community about this issue?

Anyway, good luck.

@andewhite  this is exactly what the diagnostic tool does. It records from mic 1 then plays it back, then records for mic 2 and plays that back to. Using a diffrent app to do the same task would provide identical results. I can also confirm that I do not get the issue if I use a social media app to make calls on the same handest.

This is 100% an issue with the cellar network used by ID mobile. I see from your other posts that you have moved to SMARTY so will not experience this issue as you are no longer an ID mobile customer.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes @Mahoney002, iD could not rectify a network issue affecting my account, nor sort out billing alerts for my account.

They seem short of good technical resources and aren’t very timely looking at network issues.

They should be good on the billing front, which is supposed to be their USP, but problems here too.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mahoney002 

I’m unsure this would be an issue with our network/SIM specifically, have you tried a different SIM inside the affected device to see if the issue still occurs?

It seems to me that the device itself isn’t selecting the different mics when you’d want it to and I’m unsure we’d be able to change this on our side, I’d recommend asking Samsung direct about how their devices would handle the switching of mics on a cellular call.

Tom

Hi @Tom 

I have a Vodafone SIM for work and as of yestarday, I have tested this in my handset. I don't have any issue with outbound audio whne using the Vodafone SIM. There is clearly something wrong with the cellular network when using the ID Mobile SIM. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mahoney002 

Okay, I can’t say I’ve heard of this issue specifically before, we’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?