Solved

PAC is Not Created which expires on.

• 16 July 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Returned phone and cancelled contract, no unable to get my PAC code, multiple attempts by customer service to send all come up with same error in the e-mail ‘PAC is Not Created which expires on.’ Please advise how to proceed.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 18 July 2023, 15:11

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

When you cancel an order in the cooling off period, iD Mobile are supposed to convert the iD plan from pay monthly to PAYG @Paul Scott, which means you can request a PAC if you want to keep your number. 

Did the agent know if this happened in your case?

Userlevel 1

They converted it but when I try to send the message via the SIM to the relevant number it just comes up with ‘error’ when sending and doesn’t generate anything unfortunately. Will contact customer services again to try to highlight the issue.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately, although texting PAC to 65075 should get you your PAC @Paul Scott, the iD Mobile systems aren’t always 100% reliable. 

You should be able to get a PAC using iD live chat, or by contacting iD customer support privately using Facebook Messenger, or by sending a Twitter DM. 

The support teams work until 8pm weekdays.

Userlevel 1

I’ll message on Facebook to try and sort thanks.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Good luck @Paul Scott - it shouldn’t be so difficult getting your PAC.  
The OFCOM rules on mobile number portability are supposed to make getting your PAC easy. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Good luck @Paul Scott - it shouldn’t be so difficult getting your PAC.  
The OFCOM rules on mobile number portability are supposed to make getting your PAC easy. 

Hey @andewhite  think this one is related to an error with the PAC being generated.

The email sent usually includes the PAC code but in this case, it’s showing “Not created” where the PAC would be.

Needs to speak to an agent so we can get this sorted.

Have PMd also anyway.

Mohammed

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @andewhite  think this one is related to an error with the PAC being generated.

The email sent usually includes the PAC code but in this case, it’s showing “Not created” where the PAC would be.

Have PMd also anyway.

Mohammed

Okay, thanks @Mohammed
I’d suggest the method of sending an SMS, with PAC to 65075, should be 100% reliable. 
It appears it didn’t work for @Paul Scott when they last tried - hopefully it’s been rectified now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @andewhite  think this one is related to an error with the PAC being generated.

Have PMd also anyway.

Mohammed

Okay, thanks @Mohammed
I’d suggest the method of sending an SMS, with PAC to 65075, should be 100% reliable. 
It appears it didn’t work for @Paul Scott when they last tried - hopefully it’s been rectified now.

Hey @andewhite,

I completely agree, as the Text PAC feature is designed to be an easy to access service to get a PAC code without needing to contact.

In an ideal world this would work without any issues. 

In this case, it looks like there was an issue with the PAYG account being created after the return.

It did generate a PAC code (which was in the account in the end) but the PAC code being issued was showing “Not Created” for some reason.

@Paul Scott  has the PAC code now and I believe has submitted it to his new network 🙂

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Issue has now been resolved all thanks for your help, PAC code received and being processed by new provider.

Why iD Mobile?