Question

PAC not working

• 14 June 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Today I moved from ID mobile to Voxi. The PAC code does not work as it has expired. I need a new PAC code from ID mobile so that I can transfer my old number. How do I get a new PAC code from ID mobile?

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

A PAC is only valid for 30 days.

You’ll need another PAC to move to Voxi, so just send the text PAC to number 65075.

Do this from a phone that’s using your iD Mobile SIM card.

Good luck.

Userlevel 1

Thank you Andewhite. The ID sim no longer works. ID mobile via facebook are looking into it.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @SGer, good to know someone’s looking into this issue.

I’m a bit confused about whether you’re leaving iD or joining iD.

I’m asking because the mobile provider you port your number to are 100% responsible for getting the port done - as per OFCOM’s rules. 

It’s odd an expired PAC was accepted by the mobile network you wanted to port your number to.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

I left ID mobile on Monday. Prior to leaving, I requested a PAC code from ID. When I gave it to my new supplier, I discovered that it did not work. Therefore, I’ve been trying to contact ID mobile since then. ID now say that I requested a straight disconnection which I absolutely did NOT do. I have also been billed twice for June. What a mess. Customer service via facebook is a ridiculous concept.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes @SGer, it seems to be a shambles - no wonder you wanted to leave.

Maybe you got a STAC, instead of PAC.

Any code you got would be valid for 30 days - when did you ask iD for the code?

Do you have a record of the actual code you got from iD?

Userlevel 1

@andewhite that wasn’t the reason for leaving. I’ve been happy with ID but got a better deal elsewhere. I was definitely sent a PAC, not STAC and I had a record. Luckily ID have just sent me a new PAC code which has worked. Thankfully that bit is sorted; now to sort out the double charge query. Many thanks for your help.    

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Not sure how you’ll deal with your iD and Voxi June bills.

The whole idea of the latest PAC rules (from OFCOM), for mobile number porting, was that things got done the next working day, to avoid paying your old and new providers for the same time period and waive no notice cancellation fee.

The (initial) invalid PAC from iD seems to have scuppered that option.

Anyway, good luck.

Why iD Mobile?