Question

PAC porting & wifi

• 28 July 2023
  • 7 replies

My number has failed to port over, also my iPhone is showing as connected on the settings but it is not showing on the Home Screen so I don’t know if I am using wifi. 

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Darron Moody,

How do you know the port has failed to complete?

You’ll know if it’s working fine if you turn OFF WiFi then try to call or text and see if it works.

What number shows when you try to call out or text someone? Is it the number you wanted to keep or the one we applied to your contract at purchase.

Mohammed

I have made calls from my new phone, it shows the number issued by ID not my original number. My query with the WIFI is that it does not show the WIFI symbol on the Home Screen so I do not know if I am connected (I can see the connection in the settings menu)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Darron Moody,

Can you please check that you have the correct number displayed under iMessage, Phone and Facetime settings?

Regarding the Wi-Fi can you please go to your Wi-Fi settings and see if you are connected. If you are connected it should display it on the top right of the screen.

If you still have issues with the number, please let us know and we will PM you.

Kash

It looks like I need to submit my PAC to you but the phone comes up with an error code when I try. 

My phone still does not appear to be connecting to any wifi

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If your iPhone doesn’t connect to any Wi-Fi networks, it might have a fault @Darron Moody.

Have you updated to the latest version of iOS?

Can you call, text and use mobile data on your iPhone with your iD SIM?

If you got a new iD contract iPhone, you can get device support directly from Apple UK - just call the Apple support team on 0800 107 6285.
🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Darron Moody 

Can you please check that you have the correct number displayed under iMessage, Phone and Facetime settings?

If not, please reset your network settings.

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?