PAC received today - not wanted or requested

• 27 March 2024
  • 1 reply

My wife and I have been with ID mobile now for a number of years without issue until today!

We both received emails at the same time with the title “Your PAC request”  Neither of us requested any such thing or have even been on the ID mobile website.

So following the advice in the email,

“If you didn't request this PAC, please contact us immediately”.

I contacted the online chat service.  It was suggested that we made the request via the website today.  On being informed that we had not it was then suggested that anyone with our account details could have made the request.  There is no one that has access to our account details as both accounts are unique to us and served with different details including passwords!

The only thing offered was that all would be OK as we did not make the request and we would not loose the account or our numbers.  Also stated that a password change may be in order.

As a matter of course my wife and I have both changed our passwords.

There still remain questions about the security of accounts and how to ensure that future breaches cannot occur any thoughts

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Tony Beamish,

Welcome to the Community!

We are very sorry to hear that.

Did the team process any cancellation of a PAC/port?

The PAC code can only be requested via your iD Mobile account or from the number you require it for.

If you would like us to take a look into this, please let us know and we can PM you.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?