Question

PAC transfer did not work despite assurance it would be fixed by EOB after a day of delay

• 27 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I have scheduled last Friday a number transfer from EE to ID mobile using my PAC code.

It was suppose to complete on Tue (26 Sept). It did not happen. 

I chatted to them today morning and I was told that this would be fixed by 4pm BST.

It did not happen. Now I was ask to wait another 24h. I will. I will only because I am now a hostage - I cannot take back the PAC code and go no another provider which is what I would do straight away in this kind of situation. I cannot ether request a new PAC code so I have no option.
Clearly ID mobile is under-resources if they cannot recover from small backlogs like that which just implies what will happen in a biggest disaster type situation which is worrying from a business continuity perspective.

I started searching and found some articles here and some of recommendations were to wait for up to 7 days which is IMHO disrespectful to the clients of ID mobile. As well it’s hiding the fact that ID mobile is suppose the execute on the transfer within a day or so otherwise a compensation expected (legally). Note the compensation is not pro-rate cost of the subscription but the impact of the  ‘not working number’ has on your life/business/financial losses.  For example right now I cannot access my banks unless I spend all day sorting it out. More on this would be TLTR.

I admit the support are good, they are knowledgeable but they cannot do much.

Can you advise ID mobile what are you doing to recover from the backlog of the PAC problems? Are you adding more resources, do you have good relationships with the other vendors? Do you have any ‘actionable’ plan to execute and risk mitigations in place as well RCA planned? What are you plans for different scenarios (i.e. PAC requests failed vs PAC requests slow).

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

IMO iD Mobile are a no-frills MVNO business, and appear lightweight in the technical support department. 

In addition, they seem heavily reliant on Three UK (their network partner), and apparently don’t have quick access to Three resources when things aren’t going well - e.g. number porting to iD Mobile.

what is their business model and how they approach it is their problem/decision. I am the client and expect the advertised product that I am paying for. Otherwise it is just a scum. Not to mention the fact that there are legal requirements to do with  PAC transfer that ID-Mobile tries to exit this responsibility with a 10 pounds refound knowing that in the small case court they would be asked to pay ten times more.
I am surprised people are accepting this as ‘norm’.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @rgasiorek 

We have nothing to share on this particularly, ports are case-by-case issues, I’m sorry to hear you’ve had issues with your port, we’d be unsure exactly what the issue is without looking into it, which it sounds like you’re already in contact with a team who are looking into it.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?