Question

Painfully slow 4G (even though ID state I have "excellent" coverage at postcode)

• 28 January 2024
  • 3 replies

My 4G signal at work is painfully slow indoor and outdoors. I checked ID Mobile's network checker and apparently the postcode and the surrounding area has excellent coverage indoor and outdoor.. Am I doing something wrong or does ID Mobile have this info wrong? Has anyone had the same discrepancy between what ID state the coverage is and what they're experiencing in real life? Would be interested if anyone has any tips or insights. Will be swapping network provider altogether soon if the issue persists. 

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The coverage shown online is only a theoretical prediction of signal strength at any given location, based on computer models, @Daniel Tilbrook.

Real world signal strength could be better or worse in a given location. The https://mastdata.com website has real-world coverage information for many locations in the UK.

Userlevel 4

Also maintenance work also definitely has an impact on services. There's occasionally unplanned work so be worth a check to see if in this post code area if there's any network issue report or maintenance work in the area. Check on Three site or Google it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Daniel Tilbrook,

Welcome to the Community!

We would advise that you check the network status checker also.

This will provide information on any outages or work in the area.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?