Question

phone cloned

• 1 April 2021
  • 8 replies

Hi I have been received lots of calls from number I do not know and everyone says that they have had a miss call from my number ( which I haven’t called)  any idea what is happening and how do I stop it please?

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Zeeandco 

Not sure why you would be having this problem. Have you recently tried porting your number or upgrading your sim?

-Mohsin

Hi @Zeeandco 

Not sure why you would be having this problem. Have you recently tried porting your number or upgrading your sim?

-Mohsin

Hi, thanks for answering, ported number about 3 months ago and have not upgraded sim.  No previous problems, seems to have stopped, so hoping nothing to worry about.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Glad to hear it @Zeeandco.

Personally, I’d recommend blocking that number that’s been contacting you, just to be on the safe side.

Will

It seems strangers are getting calls from my number but it is not me.These are not scammers phoning me back but members of public.

I see another individual has the exact same issue.

Can you actually address this or not?

Hi I have been received lots of calls from number I do not know and everyone says that they have had a miss call from my number ( which I haven’t called)  any idea what is happening and how do I stop it please?

I have the exact same issue. Has started recently. Have been with my number for years without issue. I hardly use it

Somebody has my number and is phoning strangers who are in turn (some upset) calling me to ask why i ring them.

We need id to actually deal with this

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @andy451,

Are minutes and being used from your plan from this other person supposedly making calls from your number?

Will

Hi @andy451,

Are minutes and being used from your plan from this other person supposedly making calls from your number?

Will

From checking my latest incomplete bill there appear to be no charges. The numbers being ‘phoned’ are not showing on the bill.

My bill is complete in a couple weeks so dont know what could show up but for now, nothing shows.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @andy451,

So it sounds as though somebody has used a third party software of some kind to replicate your number when dialling others, rather than using your services. This wouldn’t be something we’d be able to do anything about I’m afriad.

I’ve also moved the topic you started to this one to save any confusion.

Will

Why iD Mobile?