Question

Phone contract cancelled within 14 days, now poor credit rating for defaulting on final £7 bill shouldn't have had to pay

• 26 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi, I cancelled my phone contract that I ordered online, within the 14 day cooling off period. 

As per the Consumer Credit Act I should not have had to pay line rental. I cancelled the contract a few HOURS after ordering it so never received the phone. The final bill was sent to me 6 days after the phone was originally ordered, well within the 14 day cooling off period! 

And yet, my final bill for £7 of line rental fees has now gone to a debt collection agency and is a missed payment, hence severely affecting my CREDIT RATING score now!!! I shouldn’t have had to pay it. And I did not use the phone so used no calls, texts or data. I did not get contacted much at all, just one email for the final bill, then suddenly I notice this default sum on my credit report!!! 

Please can this be rectified and error corrected so that this ‘missed payment’ is cancelled?

I have already raised this with online chat and have complaint reference number 382887835 but wanted to send this also so it can be recorded in writing. I would value any advice people have also. 

Many thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 1

By the looks of things this company is as reliable as a golden retriever in a sausage factory. 
it doesn’t surprise me this happens

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

By the looks of things this company is as reliable as a golden retriever in a sausage factory. 
it doesn’t surprise me this happens

My experience has been that iD Mobile are great when everything works, but can be incredibly frustrating to deal with when something isn’t right and needs fixing.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @lcole85 I appreciate your frustration and upset with this. If this matter is being dealt with by our Complaints Team, they will be in touch with you to get this all resolved.

Well they acted as if they were doing me a favour and that I was meant to pay the line rental (!), but thankfully they have now wiped the charge and have corrected the bad credit mistake. What a lot of hassle.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @lcole85 

I’m sorry you feel that was a lot of hassle, glad to hear the complaints team have resolved this.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?