Question

Phone number has changed without any reason

• 10 January 2022
  • 7 replies

I changed my ID sim deal to another one still with ID on my Samsung S8 and asked to keep my number, all went well for a couple of months, then after a few weeks the family told me the number had changed when I called them ?  Not sure why as the original phone number worked fine and still appears on my online ID account as the phone number allocated to the phone ?

I need this to be sorted as all friends and family know my original number and this is a real inconvenience at the moment.

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Sue McGregor,

Sorry did you purchase a new deal or upgrade?

If you purchased a new deal you are unable to process a number port to a new iD Mobile SIM.

Just to confirm the number on your iD Mobile account is different to the one that your family and friends call you on?

Kash

Hi Kash,

Yes, if I WhatsApp then my phone appears as “Sue’s Mobile” - so my number which I transferred across when I changed to the new sim, but when I phone or text it shows a strange number which nobody (including me) recognises, this number is also different to the number that is shown on my ID Mobile account page (which still shows the number that I took with me to the new sim).

Had little help from this community and cannot sort it out myself, so have opted for a cheaper ID plan (ID’s loss) and getting a new sim which I hope will solve the problem, my only way out of this dilemma.

If that doesn’t work, then will switch to Smarty and see how that goes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Sue McGregor 

Which handset are you using?

Have you checked that the number has updated on your handset and updated the number on your Whatsapp?

Kash

The number on the handset (Samsung S8) was the original number I wanted, couldn’t sort it out as different numbers appeared on different applications, so opted for a new sim on a cheaper plan which sorted the problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Sue McGregor,

Glad to hear that this is resolved.

If you require further assistance please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?