Question

Phone number switch mess (Plusnet to ID)

• 2 June 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Can someone from iD mobile contact me to fix this please? I don’t know how else to get in touch short of calling your complaints line.

My port was scheduled to happen on Wednesday 31st May. Having issues with text messages, I tried your online chat to be told all agents were busy and to try again later. I tried again to be told agents were still busy dealing with other customers. I wrote a message on this community on an existing thread here:

@Tom from iD mobile asked me to let him know if the switch hadn’t happen per the text I received from Plusnet. Switch still not right this morning, so I replied on that thread. No reply.

Situation right now - I can send texts and dial out from BOTH sims. Receiving texts and calls come to the iD sim. Texting INFO to 85075 on my Plusnet sim indicates my contract with them is still active - hence I assume I’m paying Plusnet as well as iD!

I can’t complete iMessage or FaceTime setup on the phone with the iD sim in because activation is failing. I’ve followed Apple’s own guidance here so I’m fairly sure this is related to the fact the switch doesn’t seem to have completed properly - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201422 

@iD Mobile  - I’ve never had such a problem with a provider switch before - it’s always worked perfectly and been in line with Ofcom’s guidance “Once you have given your new provider the PAC, they will notify your current provider of the port request, and your number should normally be ported and ready to use with your new services within one working day.” - https://www.ofcom.org.uk/advice-for-businesses/switching/switching-mobile

Please can someone contact me to get this sorted? 

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

I've got the same problem!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Osprey40 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Varanaman 

What date was your port scheduled for?

Is your old SIM card with your previous network still active?

When you call out to someone, does the correct number show on their end?

Tom

Hello Tom,

1. My port was scheduled for Friday 5th June
  2. My (old) Plusnet SIM is no longer active although if I call my old number (REDACTED) it goes to voicemail.
  3. When I call out the recipient sees the iD # REDACTED

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Varanaman 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 1

An update from me - this has now been sorted. It wasn’t as easy or as quick as I’d have hoped, but once I’d got in touch via Facebook, iD were quite prompt with their responses and it seemed they were trying to sort this out. I’ve also been offered some credit to my account for the hassle. Thanks iD, we got there in the end - I am now an appeased customer 🙂

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

An update from me - this has now been sorted. It wasn’t as easy or as quick as I’d have hoped, but once I’d got in touch via Facebook, iD were quite prompt with their responses and it seemed they were trying to sort this out. I’ve also been offered some credit to my account for the hassle. Thanks iD, we got there in the end - I am now an appeased customer 🙂

Wow… has it taken iD Mobile 8-days to get the number you wanted keep working with your iD SIM card @Osprey40

Userlevel 1

Wow… has it taken iD Mobile 8-days to get the number you wanted keep working with your iD SIM card @Osprey40

7 days maybe? But yes, longer than 24 hours that’s for sure.

Why iD Mobile?