Question

Phone Storage Access not available

Userlevel 1

I have a Samsung Galaxy A23 5g. I'm trying to view my bills but the phones storage does not give the option to turn on storage

This topic has been closed for comments

20 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You might need to get a micro SD storage card for your Galaxy A23 5G handset @BogWogDoodle. You should be able to store your bills on the SD card. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @BogWogDoodle,

If this is an issue due to permissions, you’ll be able to adjust this in the Permissions Manager in your Settings of the device.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

It's a strange one, I have the ID Mobile app but when I go to the system settings for permissions etc the app does not show there?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It's a strange one, I have the ID Mobile app but when I go to the system settings for permissions etc the app does not show there?

I believe @Mohammed was referring to the Android permissions manager @BogWogDoodle. 

https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/mobile-devices/how-to-manage-the-notifications-and-permissions-of-apps-through-settings-on-a-galaxy-phone/

Userlevel 1

Still no joy, I can download my bills from the website so no big deal just annoying.  Having looked at the permissions on my partner's A40 for the same app, the missing permission seems to be for music and audio which I find odd otherwise my permissions are the same.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Still no joy, I can download my bills from the website so no big deal just annoying.  Having looked at the permissions on my partner's A40 for the same app, the missing permission seems to be for music and audio which I find odd otherwise my permissions are the same.

Hey @BogWogDoodle,

So it looks like downloading of the bills isn’t an issue as it works from the app.

It does sound like an issue with permissions.

Have you tried re-installing the app?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi Mohammed 

Yes I've tried reinstalling the app, it's the permissions on the phone which appear to be missing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @BogWogDoodle,

Very odd indeed.

The device is on our approved list so I can’t see any issues linked to that.

Is your partner able to download bills for her account fine or is she having the same issue?

Mohammed

Hi, im new to ID and have a new Samsung S23. Also having the same issue. Cannot find the setting at all 🤔

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

What happens when choose the Settings button, shown in your Alert screenshot @Slater23? 

Userlevel 1

In answer to @andewhite if I follow the instructions to go to Storage I get this screen

If I try the Permissions option, this is all I get

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks @BogWogDoodle, it seems the iD app doesn’t have an option to control access to the handset storage space. What version of Android is running on the handset @BogWogDoodle?

Google might have ‘tightened’ security in newer Android versions and the iD app doesn’t follow current best practice.

Userlevel 1

@andewhite Just done a system update will see what happens.

Userlevel 1

@andewhite Nope still no joy.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I think the problem could be with the iD app.
It might not be 100% compatible with recent Android storage access security protocols.

Userlevel 1

Just joined ID mobile and get the same permission problem, not option for granting storage permission. I'm running the latest MIUI 14 version (based on Android 13).

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Just joined ID mobile and get the same permission problem, not option for granting storage permission. I'm running the latest MIUI 14 version (based on Android 13).

Assuming you’ve got the latest version of the iD app, from Google Play, it would appear iD haven’t fixed the issue yet. 

Can you view your bills, using a web browser, after logging in at https://my.idmobile.co.uk? 

Userlevel 1

Yes latest app version, I can see my bills from the webpage, but not as convenient.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes latest app version, I can see my bills from the webpage, but not as convenient.

I guess being with a no-frills operator, comes with some risk of a little inconvenience 🤔 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Paul Callon 

We can only apologise for this, we’d recommend using a browser or different device.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?