Question

Pixel 7 Currys £100 Black Friday Voucher

• 28 December 2022
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi,

I joined iD during Black Friday, and purchased a 100GB data Pixel 7 plan that had a £100 Currys Gift Card promotion. It has been a month since, and I have not received the card, nor any update on it and that seems to be a recurring theme throughout the community.

Like many others I joined iD and that specific plan largely due to this promotion, and I am quite disappointed in the way iD have handled this. Are any of the forum staff here able to help clear this up or shed some light on the situation?

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 1

It's been 30 days......where is my voucher ID?!?!

It said on the terms and conditions that the voucher should arrive 30 days post the end of the promo, which is anytime today up until 23.59. 

Userlevel 3

It said on the terms and conditions that the voucher should arrive 30 days post the end of the promo, which is anytime today up until 23.59. 

They're cutting it tight in that case! With luck we'll start receiving them before the end of today, if not I'll take a shot at escalating it with support.

Userlevel 1

Entitled to any compensation if it doesn't materialise today? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @legerdemain & @TheFeds 

Unfortunately our team are facing some delays with these gift cards due to the influx that need to be sent out, they should be sent to everyone who is owed by 08/01/23 via email, apologies for this delay, please let us know if you don’t receive your emailed gift card by this date.

Tom

Userlevel 3

Hi @legerdemain & @TheFeds 

Unfortunately our team are facing some delays with these gift cards due to the influx that need to be sent out, they should be sent to everyone who is owed by 08/01/23 via email, apologies for this delay, please let us know if you don’t receive your emailed gift card by this date.

Tom

I'm sorry, but I'm quite skeptical about this. Your team had 30 days, and I and everyone else here received constant assurance from you and @Kash that we would be receiving them before 29/12/2022, and now the goalposts have been changed entirely so my trust in this companies claims is quickly evaporating. We aren't even waiting on a physical voucher to be sent, just an emailed code that could have been done through an automated system.

Is there any way you can guarantee we will all be receiving them by this new date? If not, I will be considering taking action in accordance to the Consumer Rights Act as I feel like this is a breach of contract.

Userlevel 1

Hi @legerdemain & @TheFeds 

Tom

I'm sorry, but I'm quite skeptical about this. Your team had 30 days, and I and everyone else here received constant assurance from you and @Kash that we would be receiving them before 29/12/2022, and now the goalposts have been changed entirely so my trust in this companies claims is quickly evaporating. We aren't even waiting on a physical voucher to be sent, just an emailed code that could have been done through an automated system.

Is there any way you can guarantee we will all be receiving them by this new date? If not, I will be considering taking action in accordance to the Consumer Rights Act as I feel like this is a breach of contract.

+1

Userlevel 3

Oh, and to add. Anyone else noticed how they kept delaying the vouchers until after 30 days post purchase - IE, the point you're now locked into the contract, past the cool off period, and would have to pay an early termination fee if you're dissatisfied? Feels very intentional to me, keeping us waiting on an empty promise until it becomes much more of a hassle to leave the company.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @legerdemain & @TheFeds 

At this time we can only advise they should be received by 08/01/23. If you do not receive them by this time please let us know.

Tom

Well I've been following this thread and waiting for 8th Jan however it's now the 9th and still no sign of the £100 Currys voucher...... I've checked all my email inboxes including the spam/junk. Who do I log a complaint with? It's getting a bit ridiculous now..

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Well I've been following this thread and waiting for 8th Jan however it's now the 9th and still no sign of the £100 Currys voucher...... I've checked all my email inboxes including the spam/junk. Who do I log a complaint with? It's getting a bit ridiculous now..

See online update 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Ellishere,

All of the information can be found on the topic @andewhite  linked.

Alot of these are now being sent out as we speak so you should be receiving this shortly.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?