Question

Pixel 7 Currys voucher

• 29 December 2022
  • 21 replies

Userlevel 1

Having followed numerous previous posts with conflicting information being provided I've waiting until today for my curry's voucher via email and still nothing.

ID mobile the ONLY reason I chose this contract was the voucher as I was planning on using it towards a soundbar.

Can you confirm when my voucher will arrive?  I took my contract during the November promotion so have waited as per the previous guidance until today.

This topic has been closed for comments

21 replies

Userlevel 2

Having followed numerous previous posts with conflicting information being provided I've waiting until today for my curry's voucher via email and still nothing.

ID mobile the ONLY reason I chose this contract was the voucher as I was planning on using it towards a soundbar.

Can you confirm when my voucher will arrive?  I took my contract during the November promotion so have waited as per the previous guidance until today.

I also haven’t received my gift card. I shall be complaining to Money Saving Expert where I found this deal.

Userlevel 1

Same here mate. Told it would be here by today and still no voucher. 

Like you it was one of the reasons I chose to stay with id.

Userlevel 1

@Kash @Rory you seem to be the only people who reply to comments on here....is there any response from ID mobile or a contact number before I approach the office of fair trading regarding this

Userlevel 4

Same here, no voucher received as promised.

@Kash @Tom @Rory awfully quiet today? Nothing much to say after repeatedly telling people the voucher will be sent 30 days post offer?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Andy Watt @JPE23 @Ste Harwood @Powerhous 

Unfortunately due to the influx of orders with these gift cards there is a delay with them, we can only apologise at this time, please allow until 08/01/23 for the gift card to reach you via email.

It’s also worth noting @Rory hasn’t posted in 3 months and isn’t with the company anymore, I wouldn’t recommend tagging him for support.

Tom

Userlevel 1

@Tom thanks for the reply but I'm unsure how a computer generated email can possibly be subject to delay?  Surely this an automated process which as per the terms and conditions should have been pended to auto generate after the stipulated period?  

What happened to the terms and conditions of the deal or was this simply click bait ?? 

Total disgrace, in addition your partner company carphone warehouse who ID aka Curry's recommend for trade in of old devices, knocked my offer down to 15 pounds due to screen burn which they describe as "impossible to detect" after knocking back their offer I'm still waiting close to 2 weeks for my device back.

Seems the whole offer and contract offered by the curry's group is nothing more than a scam.

Also funny how to get the voucher you have to wait until you're past the cooling off period for the contract and tied in.

Total scam

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Andy Watt 

The orders have to be validated on our side so it isn’t as easily automatically generated as you may think. This is just a delay in the vouchers, we aren’t going back on our offer.

Vouchers and offers are only typically sent after the returns period to avoid people ordering, getting a voucher and then returning their order.

As for the trade in I’m sorry to hear your device was found to have screen burn, this is a very common issue with modern devices and is counted as damage when trading in with us.

Tom

Userlevel 4

@Tom so you're telling us that the company have had well over a month to validate and set up the vouchers, and it hasn't been done? And you're saying they aren't sent till after the 30 day period incase someone claims it and returns the product? If that's the case, then why does this seem to be the ONLY product with these terms? You've got loads of deals on your website claiming vouchers are sent with the product and can claim straight away, so why is this deal completely different to the rest? How can you claim deals and promotions are "typically" sent after 30 days when your website clearly states otherwise on virtually all deals and offers? 

So many people affected by this, so many things being said, and so many things that quite simply don't add up at all.

Annoyingly I've went to report all of this with the ombudsman, and I've been advised the issue needs to surpass 8 weeks before it can be investigated and actioned by them, and that's only after you've raised a complaint and followed the ID complaints procedures.

I have absolutely no faith in these vouchers materialising, and it might be a tactical move. IF they are received then a lot of promotions and sales would have ended, i.e something might be reduced down to £100 and in 2-3 weeks time the product might go back to £200, which means the voucher is effectively pointless. It also means if you wait AFTER 30 days  to receive the voucher that you are locked into your contract, which again is dubious.

It's an emailed voucher, how on earth can they say it's "delayed" how is that even possible, it makes no sense? Firstly the promotion was very unclear, then they advised it's received 30 days post promotion, and now it's delayed by a week again? Some customers have been told by the specific date like the 27th and 28th December (such as myself) some have been told today, I used their live chat today and wasn't even given a date and advised it's been passed on to be "escalated". Individual customers are being told completely different things and given the wrong and incorrect information, which means that as a company no one actually seems to know what is actually going on. 

@Andy Watt  @Ste Harwood   If you are reading this and haven't already, I would strongly advise using live chat and advising you want to log a complaint and get a complaints reference number. If after 8 weeks they haven't resolved the issue, then contact the ombudsman and make an official complaint. Try and keep info to email and live chat so you have physical evidence with what has been told to you, this will all help.

I am absolutely sick to death of companies thinking that they can get away with things like this! If people don't hold companies accountable, then nothing will ever be done. Also be sure to leave a review on Trustpilot if you have the time.

Userlevel 3

It’s a sham mate, they’re just talking nonsense.

Has ANYONE ever had a legit voucher from this company?

Userlevel 1

@Tom what validation is required exactly?  ID mobile is part of curry's so if I have taken the deal that surely is all the validation required.  Like others have said this delay in the voucher may mean we miss out on valuable savings during sales etc.

I have tried without any joy to use the live chat as it continues to tell me it's not available.  

Can you raise a complaint and provide a reference so I can escalate this as a breach of contract.  I cannot understand the validation point you have made especially as @Kash clearly stated in another thread all vouchers would issued on the 29th. 

It's there in writing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Andy Watt,

We’ll get a complaint raised for you.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

So more delays....now been private messaged to say latest they will be out 13/01 .... Yawn 🥱🥱🥱🥱 good chance I could be deceased by the time I get this mythical voucher.

Userlevel 4

@Andy Watt could you take a screenshot of the message you received and send across to me in private message please? I'm making a case against ID with the ombudsman in 2 weeks time and would like to hand over as much evidence as possible, thanks 

Userlevel 3

@Powerhous I have an official refer a friend voucher confirmation from ‘October’ that hasn’t been paid out, and was condemned by @Kash for seemingly no reason. Or a reason I couldn’t fathom.

I’d be more than happy to send details for your ombudsman case.

Userlevel 3

So more delays....now been private messaged to say latest they will be out 13/01 .... Yawn 🥱🥱🥱🥱 good chance I could be deceased by the time I get this mythical voucher.

@Kash @Mohammed Please confirm this publicly if correct. Has the date changed yet again? If so, will you or iD be informing everyone, or is the standard protocol here to just disregard your customers whenever possible and leave them in the dark?

I used the chat on Dec 30th and was told that it wasn’t 30 days from taking out the contract but 30 days from first use. Also I was told I needed to contact Currys for the voucher if nothing came through automatically and was given a phone number.

So I waited until after New Years day and still no voucher. I tried the number provided which was for business customers only. I then used the Currys chat and was told vouchers would not be sent until 60 days!

Userlevel 1

I'm pursuing cancelling my contract for breach of contract by ID mobile.  I'm seeking legal advice via my legal cover under my home and work insurance I've had enough of being messed about 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Kash @Mohammed Please confirm this publicly if correct. Has the date changed yet again? If so, will you or iD be informing everyone, or is the standard protocol here to just disregard your customers whenever possible and leave them in the dark?

Hey @legerdemain,

This has been cofnirmed here: 

I used the chat on Dec 30th and was told that it wasn’t 30 days from taking out the contract but 30 days from first use. Also I was told I needed to contact Currys for the voucher if nothing came through automatically and was given a phone number.

So I waited until after New Years day and still no voucher. I tried the number provided which was for business customers only. I then used the Currys chat and was told vouchers would not be sent until 60 days!

This is incorrect as it was always due to be sent 30-days after the promotion ended. Also Currys would not support with this so I’m sorry you were directed to contact them.

Contacting different departments, especially those outside of iD would likely yield different responses. I can’t speak for why you were advised 60-days by Currys but the link above confirms the issue also.

@Andy Watt,

We are speaking to you via PM so we will continue responding there.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I have just received my voucher today. Thanks.

Userlevel 3

Received mine also, and made a purchase so I can confirm it's valid and working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Glad to hear both 😀

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?