Question

pixel 7 purchased still waiting on my voucher gone 30days

• 30 December 2022
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 1

I am still waiting on my £100 voucher from my pixel 7 purchase and it's been over the 30days as per the terms. Please can you let me know when it will be sent.

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 1

As am I. 

And me.

Userlevel 2

Me too

Userlevel 4

A third here, voucher not received. I have it in writing from their complaints team advising that the voucher will be sent to my nominated email address on the 27/12/2022, l haven't received anything.

Seeing a lot of people commenting on this subject, and it seems a lot of people haven't received it. From the screenshots I've seen excuses range from give it another few days, contact Currys about it, voucher will be received today, and there is a delay in sending them, and escalating it further...that's 4 different answers given right there for the same issue.

When you think about it, it gets even shadier. For example if there is a 1-2 week delay in getting the voucher, that means the sales might have finished and products you want go buy are now at full retail price again, essentially making your voucher pointless.

@Kash @Tom  anything to add? You've both been consistently telling people the voucher is sent post 30 days of purchase. It's now 30 days post purchase, so where are the vouchers? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Chivell @TheFeds @James Holmes @JPE23 @Powerhous 

Unfortunately we’ve had a delay in sending the vouchers due to the influx of them to be sent, we’re expecting them to be received by 08/01/23, please let us know if you don’t have the voucher by then.

Tom 

Userlevel 4

Annoyingly I've went to report all of this with the ombudsman, and I've been advised the issue needs to surpass 8 weeks before it can be investigated and actioned by them, and that's only after you've raised a complaint and followed the ID complaints procedures.

I have absolutely no faith in these vouchers materialising, and it might be a tactical move. IF they are received then a lot of promotions and sales would have ended, i.e something might be reduced down to £100 and in 2-3 weeks time the product might go back to £200, which means the voucher is effectively pointless. It also means if you wait AFTER 30 days  to receive the voucher that you are locked into your contract, which again is dubious.

It's an emailed voucher, how on earth can they say it's "delayed" how is that even possible, it makes no sense? Firstly the promotion was very unclear, then they advised it's received 30 days post promotion, and now it's delayed by a week again? Some customers have been told by the specific date like the 27th and 28th December (such as myself) some have been told today, I used their live chat today and wasn't even given a date and advised it's been passed on to be "escalated". Individual customers are being told completely different things and given the wrong and incorrect information, which means that as a company no one actually seems to know what is actually going on. 

@Chivell @James Holmes @JPE23 @TheFeds If you haven't already, I would strongly advise using live chat and advising you want to log a complaint and get a complaints reference number. If after 8 weeks they haven't resolved the issue, then contact the ombudsman and make an official complaint. Try and keep info to email and live chat so you have physical evidence with what has been told to you, this will all help.

I am absolutely sick to death of companies thinking that they can get away with things like this! If people don't hold companies accountable, then nothing will ever change and we will all keep getting mugged off.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Powerhous,

I’m sorry to hear you feel this way.

If a complaint has been raised, we will investigate this for you. As above, we hope to get the vouchers sent out as soon as possible and apologise for any delays.

Mohammed

Userlevel 4

@Mohammed "I'm sorry to hear you feel this way"  Bet you felt pretty smug and clever with yourself when you wrote this right? Knock it off with the passive aggresiveness buddy. There is no feelings involved so don't gaslight me, just straight facts that your company has completely ripped people off and we've all been lied to.

"As above" Tranlation: we have already answered you, leave us alone. I can absolutely and categorically guarantee that come the 8th January there will be no vouchers sent.

Out of curiosity, anyone that stumbles across this thread, have you received your £100 Currys voucher? Anyone at all? Feel free to comment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Powerhous,

We are looking into this with the relevant team and we will update all customers as soon as possible.

Customers should receive an email soon with the voucher information so please keep an eye out on your emails and junk emails.

If you have any questions in the meantime, please let us know.

Kash

Userlevel 1

I’ve not received my voucher.

Totally baffling why the voucher can not just be emailed. And why was it not emailed in the first place?

Now being told the vouchers will be sent after the 13th,

Was the 29th, then the 8th 

Hmmmmm 

Userlevel 3

I think most new threads are now ‘where is ‘x’ voucher that was promised’.

I don’t feel remotely sorry for iD - like @Powerhous has pointed out previously, the range of excuses has become increasingly more random, with iD mods overlapping on different versions of what’s going to happen for some people.

You will receive your voucher on the 10th of never … no wait, you won’t receive a voucher. Wait, what voucher was yours? - did you e-mail a copy of your birth certificate on the 5th of June to quantify you exist etc. etc.

It’s becoming quite the joke

Userlevel 4

@Andy Slats who has advised you that it will now be the 13th, was it someone on live chat and if so, did you screenshot the message? My advice would be to screenshot absolutely anything you can that theh send you and try to keep communication over email/written messages so it's recorded.

Luckily I raised a complaint and have followed their complaints procedures, I have to wait 2 more weeks and then I can make a formal complaint to the financial ombudsman so they are investigated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @m_sLANDON @Andy Slats @Henry Jones @Powerhous 

Please see our post about the vouchers.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?