Question

poor coverage

• 13 December 2023
  • 7 replies

I searched coverage before switching as I live in the middle of nowhere,  I was told 'excellent coverage' since switching, I've had 1 bar of signal at most and the Internet keeps turning off on its own. I'm really quite annoyed, there's also no way of contacting the company to get help other than a b!tchfest on here, surely that's not a good thing. 

I would REALLY like for this to be sorted. I'm currently sat in a different postcode area literally 6 miles from home and got a decent signal. Help please!

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately @Fluffyclouds, the online coverage checkers only show you the predicted signal reception (based on computer models) at a given location.

The real-world signal, and predicted signal might not be the same at a given location. 

At iD Mobile, help & support is 100% online. The primary ways of contacting iD for support are: 

• Online Live Chat at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat (via popup window in your web browser).
  • Private message using Facebook Messenger.
  • DM using X (formerly Twitter).

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Fluffyclouds 

As @andewhite suggests the coverage checker is a prediction, not a 100% accurate map, unfortunately that wouldn’t be possible. If you’ve purchased from us recently and would like to return your plan based on being unhappy with the signal, you can do this via the vendor you’ve purchased via.

If you’ve purchased via iD Mobile directly, we’d recommend the above suggestions from @andewhite or if you’d like us to get on touch here, please let us know.

Tom

If this is of any interest to anyone, my phone has two sim slots, in slot 1 iD mobile, in slot 2 the Three network.

The Three sim is much better than iD whatever slot you put it in, better data signal and faster, what's that all about then.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If this is of any interest to anyone, my phone has two sim slots, in slot 1 iD mobile, in slot 2 the Three network.

The Three sim is much better than iD whatever slot you put it in, better data signal and faster, what's that all about then.

This doesn’t seem to make sense @TontoJones.

What apps, or measuring equipment did you use to determine network performance metrics for the respective SIM cards, in your dual SIM handset @TontoJones?

Hi, makes sense to me @andewhite 

The measuring equipment used to determine network performance for the respective SIM cards, in my dual SIM handset was, the dual SIM handset itself and the real-world signal.

I personally don't need any apps or special measuring devices to tell how well a SIM is performing in my phone, l just use the phone with the real-world signal.

I can clearly see that one has a stronger data signal than the other, one will be 5g one will not, etc.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks @TontoJones, perhaps I’d reach a different conclusion about the iD Mobile vs Three UK network performance, using the test methods you’ve described. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @TontoJones,

Please get back to us here if you require further assistance.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?