Question

poor coverage buckinghamshire

Userlevel 1

Just switched ID mobile and am already considering to switch out to another operator as the signal is shocking. 

Where is the 5G coverage in the Buckinghamshire area?

I’m super surprised by the coverage if I compare it to EE. Hope this will improve!

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

What 5G coverage did you expect in Buckinghamshire area @Hinesh

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Hinesh 

Sorry to hear you’ve had issues with coverage, please could you provide a postcode for the area so we can check the coverage there?

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi @Hinesh 

Sorry to hear you’ve had issues with coverage, please could you provide a postcode for the area so we can check the coverage there?

Tom

Hp19 but also the route into London. W6 area also has really bad coverage. I’ve never seen 3G on my iPhone 13 Pro until switching over to ID. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @Hinesh 

Tom

Hp19 but also the route into London. W6 area also has really bad coverage. I’ve never seen 3G on my iPhone 13 Pro until switching over to ID. 

What company were you with before joining iD?

Userlevel 1

BT then EE and now ID

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Hinesh, BT uses the EE mobile network, but iD Mobile uses the Three UK mobile network. 

The coverage (signal reception) on the 4 main UK mobile networks, i.e. Three (iD Mobile), Vodafone, EE, and O2, at any given location can be significantly better on one network compared to the other networks.

How did you check the iD Mobile 5G coverage in your area?

Userlevel 1

On the ID website but having compared the same journey completed on a train from bucks to London it’s clear the ID network is significantly slower than any others I’ve been on. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Hinesh, the online coverage checker relies on computer models, which are built by making a number of assumptions about many things, in order to create the model/s.

Anyway, the predicted coverage and actual coverage, at any given location, may be quite different.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Hinesh,

Please let us know if you require further assistance with coverage and we can help you out.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Kash what help did you provide?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Hinesh my colleague isn’t suggesting he provided assistance here but saying if you still need help with this, then we're hear to support.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Can you let me know how I request my pac code please?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Text “PAC” to 65075 @Hinesh.

You may need to provide your date-of-birth (the one given to iD when you registered) - their SMS reply will explain if that’s required. 

Userlevel 1

Thx

Why iD Mobile?