Solved

poor signal

• 13 November 2022
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 2

I have very poor network signal despite living in the city centre. Noone can ever hear me on the other end of the line its very frustrating 😒.  Despite checking the signal strength I the area and it says its very strong, I still struggle to make calls. WiFi calling is not any better either. Complained to ID few times but noone seem to reply or even  other to acknowledge that some customers gave problems and gave to live with them day and night. Such a poor customer service guessing reflecting the network service. Can't wait to leave ID and would not reccomend to anyone. Please avoid iff you can 

icon

Best answer by Kash 16 November 2022, 17:09

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Svetlana202,

Coverage can vary per area and there are many factors that can impact this. You can check the coverage level at specific locations at the link below:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage

Have you checked to see if there is any maintenance or unplanned outage in your local area as this could be causing an impact with the levels of coverage: http://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support.

We can certainly look into it further if you would you like, however can I ask if you have tested the SIM in a different handset or had a new SIM tested?

Kash

Userlevel 1

I've been experiencing the exact same issues, complained numerous times. Recent letter of complaint posted yesterday. Despite the coverage checker saying signal is good, its actually crap! But ID dont listen to their customers. Just take our money for a service they are not fulfilling. Can't wait to leave this shocking company. I don't recommend it to anyone. 

Userlevel 2

Kash, yes checked area coverage obviously but its not just day or week it's been a whole year almost. Its an absolute disgrace how you treat customers and provide false promises and fact tgat I am not the only one tgat complaints about it means there is a problem globally and not just in local area. Accept responsibility and fix the problem or least stop charging people for the service you unable to provide! 

Userlevel 1

I have the same problem. I used to have poor reception in my home and it would cut in and out. Now I have absolutely no reception in my home at all. It is not my phone as I have perfect reception when I am outdoors or even abroad but I find not being able to make calls or receive them from home very worrying. I have tried everything but nothing works. The ID area checker shows reception is very good. I live in the city centre too

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Kash, yes checked area coverage obviously but its not just day or week it's been a whole year almost. Its an absolute disgrace how you treat customers and provide false promises and fact tgat I am not the only one tgat complaints about it means there is a problem globally and not just in local area. Accept responsibility and fix the problem or least stop charging people for the service you unable to provide! 

Hello @Svetlana202,

Coverage varies for every network.

We don’t provide 100% of coverage over all of UK and I don’t think any network does. Some areas are better with some networks vs others.

What’s the full postcode of the area where you are mainly using this? 

As for other people complaining, this is because we are not a faultless network so issues can arise from time to time, however, the engineers would work as fastr as they can to fix any issues wherever possible.

@PattiPJ,

What’s the postcode of your home area so I can check the masts for you?

Mohammed

Userlevel 2

It's ab 24 4pn

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Svetlana202,

I can’t see any issues in the area and 5G, 4G and 3G all have good coverage.

Are you having this issue anywhere else?

Did you manage to test the SIM in a different handset as it may be a SIM or handset fault?

Kash

Userlevel 2

We have tried everything and nothing is sorting a problem. It is network as I said from the other people comments you can clearly see I am not the only one to have this problem. Just very frustrating but I have year to go with ID then never again and deginetly not reccomending to anyone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Svetlana202,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Kash, you say matter is solved !! 

I am also having the same issues regarding signal.and calls dropping out.

This has been going on since I  started this contract around 12 months ago, possibly more.

You gave the same excuses then and nothing has changed.

Yes this is a crap service, a con, and as soon as mine and my wifes contract finishes,  we are off .

Not recommended 😕 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Rowy0 

Is the issue happening with both you and your wife’s iD Mobile plans?

In which postcode(s) are you having issues?

Tom

Yes on both phone plans.

Post code OL4 2LX 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Rowy0,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

No point, crap network 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

If you do need further support, you can reply to us via PM.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?