Question

Poor tethering Speed since upgrade to samsung A54

• 21 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi hopefully someone can shed some light on my problem .Right i joined ID mobile in 2021 i got a 2 year contract and received a samsung A22 . I used my internet on a regular basis and also the mobile hotspot with not 1 issue all the time i had that phone . Now 3 days ago i Upgraded and took out a new 2 year contract with ID mobile and recieved a samsung A54 as part of my upgrade  i have tried using the hotspot to connect to my playstation as i have done for the past 2 years but now i am getting internet speeds of 4MPS and with my old phone on average i would get 20 Mps . I just dont get it as the phone i have now got is only 6 month old . Can anybody help ?. 

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Hi hopefully someone can shed some light on my problem .Right i joined ID mobile in 2021 i got a 2 year contract and received a samsung A22 . I used my internet on a regular basis and also the mobile hotspot with not 1 issue all the time i had that phone . Now 3 days ago i Upgraded and took out a new 2 year contract with ID mobile and recieved a samsung A54 as part of my upgrade  i have tried using the hotspot to connect to my playstation as i have done for the past 2 years but now i am getting internet speeds of 4MPS and with my old phone on average i would get 20 Mps . I just dont get it as the phone i have now got is only 6 month old . Can anybody help ?. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Chris Eustace,

Welcome to the Community!

Your hotspot broadcasts Wi-Fi on two different frequency bands: the 2.4 GHz frequency band and the 5 GHz frequency band.

Please check your hotspot settings and check which frequency you are using and test both frequencies to see if that improves things.

Please can you test the SIM in a different handset or the old handset if you still have it.

If the speed improves in a different handset it could be a handset issue and you can have this checked with the manufacturer if the handset is still under warranty.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?