Question

port not successful

• 8 January 2024
  • 4 replies

I switched from Vodafone to ID last week.  I've received emails from both companies telling me that my port has been successful.  This is not the case as although I can make calls I am unable to receive them.  I know that I've kept my number as intended as I can see it appear correctly when I call another mobile.  I also can send messages but not receive them.  Already spent hours on the live chat with ID and also on the phone to Vodafone-both blaming one another for the problem.  

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like a split port @Crisg22

Unfortunately, the UK mobile number portability rules make the gaining service provider 100% responsible for getting the number transferred successfully.

The current rules don’t seem to have penalties for the losing service provider, if they cause an issue with the switching process.  

@andewhite thank you for this.   What do I do to resolve?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Maybe tell iD support you have a split port, where your incoming calls and texts aren’t received. 

In my experience iD support via social media works best (using Facebook Messenger or X aka Twitter).

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Crisg22 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?