Question

Port only half completed

• 15 November 2023
  • 2 replies

I have requested my old number to be ported from O2 it was supposed to occur on Friday 10th. Late in the day my O2 SIM disconnected and I received an email from them nothing from ID.  It looks like port has been partially completed I can make calls from ID using correct number and receive calls from another ID number but cannot receive calls from other networks or landlines they just get invalid number.  I have contacted ID via their live message service a number of times and they say they have escalated but another day has passed without resolution or update. Does anyone know how long this takes to resolve and is there any way to get it escalated.

Thanks

Ron  

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately @rcarter45, looks like it might be a split port.

Suspect the iD switching team have to communicate with their network partner Three UK, and the losing service provider (O2) in this situation.

While iD are 100% responsible for the number transfer and getting it right, they’re relying on the cooperation of other parties. So, getting this fixed could take several days or more.

It’s possible the only other escalation option is making a complaint to iD Mobile, and mentioning split port.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @rcarter45,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear about the issues that you are having.

Just checking if you managed to get any updates on this?

If not, please let us know and we can help.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?