Question

Port switch xompleted but old number cut off and ID Mobile number kept instead

• 12 September 2023
  • 21 replies

I requested to keep my old number and today is switch day. Now my old number has been cut off and the new ID mobile wors instead. Can this be reversed? I want my old number, as requested.

This topic has been closed for comments

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Dee alex24 @PACnotworking @Tony Hughes,

I’m sorry to hear that there was a delay but it’s good to hear that it is resolved.

@SteveC3 did you still require assistance or did your port complete?

Kash

Looks like mine is sorted too!! Thank god!!

Userlevel 1

Whoop whoop it’s sorted 

Userlevel 1

Mine has now switched over. Thanks iD mobile.

Userlevel 1

Mine has now switched over. Thanks ID mobile 😀.

Userlevel 1

I have the same issue. Number ported out from old provider a couple of hours ago and not yet activated with idmobile. 

Userlevel 1

Shocking and disgusting. Apparently it was a 'problem with the exchange files'.

I was told the same and the window for me to chase them again after their 48 hours has expired opens after 6pm Thursday. Will keep everyone posted.

Userlevel 1

Just been informed to wait 48hrs while technical look into it. not a happy bunny

Userlevel 1

Yep I am pretty grumpy about it too since am expecting calls from recruiters. The fact this has happened to 3 people suggests the issue lies with ID mobile.

It's a bit odd. I've never had a port switch where I've been disconnected without service for a period of time. Its always just happened  at the same time. I ported my own number from Lebara to ID last week and it was smooth sailing. This one is for my son, and he is not amused 😬

Userlevel 1

Looks like we are all in the same boat. Hopefully we will get some answers from iD about what has gone wrong.

Userlevel 1

My port request was to be completed yesterday. Old no and service has been disconnected by previous supplier yet number has not transfered to iD

Wonderful! 😒 I'm just about to do another live chat, I'm sure I will be told the same. 

Userlevel 1

Hi. No it hasn't sadly. I was told 6pm last night now told to wait another 48 hours and chase them up then. Not filled with confidence by this at all.

Has yours now transferred over? Mine still hasn't this morning, even after I was told on the live chat, it would be 6pm last night. 

Userlevel 1

Same happened to me where the old number has gone dead and not transferred. First time I have done this process and assumed it would be a slick process but it is clearly not.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Really? That's interesting. I've never had a delay like that. I've actually just finished a couple in recent weeks as well, for the kids and again I never had a period without service. Good to know though, because that's why I thought there was an issue. I was panicking I had lost the number. It's for my son (17), you can imagine the drama if I told him his number had been lost 😂

Yeah @Dee alex24, I can imagine that would indeed be quite a drama. 
🍀

Really? That's interesting. I've never had a delay like that. I've actually just finished a couple in recent weeks as well, for the kids and again I never had a period without service. Good to know though, because that's why I thought there was an issue. I was panicking I had lost the number. It's for my son (17), you can imagine the drama if I told him his number had been lost 😂

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like you’ve be lucky in the past @Dee alex24.

I’ve often switched service providers and ported my mobile number, but it has never happened immediately. 

I’ve always had a time-period without service after my old provider’s SIM became inactive, and before the number I wanted to keep started working with my new provider’s SIM. 

When I transfered my number to iD Mobile, I had no service for about 5-hours and the transfer was completed at around 3pm.

Thank you. I have since done a live chat and they confirmed it is in progress and is scheduled to complete at 6pm. However I have now lost service on the number I want to keep, which is a bit of a pain because usually it all happens at the same time. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Number transfers may not be properly completed until 10pm on the date of transfer @Dee alex24.

Why iD Mobile?