Question

Porting Issues

• 27 October 2023
  • 2 replies

There appears to be a very common issue with Porting numbers to ID Mobile, in that the numbers are not being ported, and ID Modile blaming the third party for “not sending” the file.

I’ve contacted Three (my old provider) like many others, and have also had it confirmed that ID have everything they need to do the port, but it’s still not happened.  Yet ID hode behind their technical team

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

In the UK there’s an industry body, the Mobile Number Portability Operator Steering Group (‘MNP OSG’), which exists to ensure mobile network operators comply with the OFCOM rules for mobile number portability.

Unfortunately, I don’t think all the UK MVNO companies are represented on the OSG. In addition, there aren’t any obvious incentives to make sure the losing service provider plays by the rules. OFCOM make the gaining service provider 100% responsible for the number transfer. 

There might be loopholes in the porting processes, one of which appears to be losing and gaining providers blaming each other, when things are delayed or have gone wrong. 

My impression is that iD Mobile are perhaps under resourced in technical areas, like number porting, and seem over reliant on Three (their network partner) for technical issues.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Neil Clarkson,

Welcome to the Community!

It sounds like your port is delayed due to a file exchange delay.

Our Technical Team will work with your old network provider to get the port processed as quickly as possible.

If you would like us to escalate this, please feel free to get back to us.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?