Question

Porting shambles

• 15 December 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi 

I requested my number to be ported over to ID Mobile, This was due to happen on Monday 11th December.  At lunchtime on 11th my old sim card went dead, this was a promising step in the transfer happening.  It then got late on Monday and my old number had never appeared on my new sim.  Long story short my number still hasn’t been ported! It’s now been 5 days without my number and not one person and ID gives a s**t.  I have had 2 complaints raised and i have not heard a thing from anyone.  When i contact ID on the live chat i just get told the same thing as it appears many people on here get told and that that they are waiting for ‘files to be exchanged’  I have checked with my old provider who confirms the number has been fully ported out of their system and therefor the issue is solely with ID.  When i contact live chat for an update all they do is copy and paste the same message from monday and supply absolutely no update to the situation at all.  I’m now unable to access any of my account as i can’t get any access codes sent to me as they are going to my number that is now disconnected!

I have put in a complaint with Ofcom regarding this matter!

I simply want an actual update without being give a load of BS about the situation and when it will be resolved! it’s safe to say that my number is likely to be ported away from ID the second it becomes active! that is of course if it ever gets ported over correctly.

Please stop BS your customers with the same ‘technical issue’

8 replies

Paddy - I’m having exactly the same issue as you and same excuse. Also have a claim raised but nothing. 

supposed to be Friday 8th but still not connected 

😡

Userlevel 1

Unbelievable isn’t it  Worst experience i have ever had with any mobile network and I’ve used a lot of them.

If it were a genuine tech fault then but the fact this is clearly told to a lot of people suggests it’s just an excuse for a s**t service.  It’s also the fact that it’s only because i contacted them that there has been any interaction at all!! not once has anyone from ID reached out to me regarding the so called ‘fault’

Yep agree. There is another msg in the forum about this posted today as well so there is clearly something wrong with the process. 

TBF the other ID contract has been no problem, but this is a nightmare. And like you say just get standard template replies which is really annoying and just have to wait. 

at least it’s not just me !! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @paddy538,

Welcome to the Community!

We are sorry for the issues that you have experienced.

I can see that we have responded to you elsewhere and sent you a PM.

If you have responded via PM we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Kash

@paddy538 have you had any luck getting your number switched yet? Mines still not working since 8th dec when it was mentioned to transfer 🙁

Userlevel 1

Nope nothing. And just getting the standard wait 24/48hr BS.

Yep me too. 

tried the PM thing in this forum too and that’s not resulted in anything 

Like you say just another 24hr message from live chat 

totally fed up 

Userlevel 1

Ring the complaints number and you can actually speak to someone on the phone, get them to process another complaint.  They also seem a little more helpful!

Why iD Mobile?