Solved

Problem switching to iD mobile using PAC

• 11 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to switch to iD Mobile using a PAC.  When I do so I get the following error message:

We've tried to process your PAC, but there is an issue with the information you've submitted. Please check that you have provided the correct details and try again.

I have triple checked all the details have been entered correctly ie PAC, Last Name, Old Number, New Number and Transaction Code.

I can not access the Live Chat and am being sent round in a circle by the iD mobile’s ‘how to contact us’ guidance 

Also, there is no useful information immediately apparent on this community site

I do not know why I am receiving the error message or how to proceed.

Can anyone offer any help?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 11 April 2023, 17:54

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The transaction number must start with the number “4” @stuartbquick.
Try entering your SURNAME using all CAPITAL letters.

Problems with live chat?
You can also contact iD Mobile privately on Facebook (Messenger), or Twitter (DM). 
Their agents work until 8pm on weekdays.
🤞   

Userlevel 1

Thanks for that and I got the same guidance about using capital letters in response to a tweet.  This  has solved the problem. I suggested that the guidance be changed on the web form to include this information. I would never of guessed to do that and It would’ve saved me three hours and a lot of frustration.

An actual useful post on the internet! been trying for days not getting anywhere with it keeps saying there’s a problem, put last name in all CAPS and went straight through. This really should be in all those welcome emails they send you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey both, 

We’re aware of the issue, it’s already been raised and hoping to be fixed soon.

It used to be an issue and was fixed for some time now.

We recently made some updates on the Porting form but this brought back an old issue with needing surnames in all caps and we’re sorting as a priority.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?