Question

probs with network change

Hi I have sent my PAC code and my old number have been moved from my old network to id but the messages are using the id number and not my old numberĀ 

11 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Do you mean text messages @John871?Ā 

What handset are you using?Ā 

When you call people, do they see youā€™re calling from your usual mobile number?Ā 

I have a honer 90 lite they can see my number but my message are going to my old phone not my newĀ 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Not sure I understand @John871?Ā 

When you send a text message, from your Honor 90 Lite handset, using your iD SIM card, the recipient sees another mobile number - not the mobile number you wanted to keep after switching to iD?
Ā 

Yes that is correct the ID SIM number comes up but not the number I want to keepĀ 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Are you using the Google Messages app (on the Honor 90 Lite) to send text messages?Ā 

Ā 

I think so not sure how to check that I amĀ 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I believe the Honor 90 Lite uses Android 13, which includes the Google Messages app.Ā 

The following steps might fix the issues youā€™ve reported here:Ā 

1. Turn OFF RCS chats (ā€œChat featuresā€) in the Google Messages app.
  2. Turn OFF the handset and carefully remove the SIM card.
  3. Check the SIM card is clean and undamaged, before re-inserting the iD SIM card.
  4. Turn ON the handset.
  5. Turn ON RCS chats.

Hopefully this will help.

I have gone on the settings and it's came up with the ID mobile number and not the number I want to keepĀ 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @John871, have you tried a NETWORK RESET on your handset?

The user guide for your device will normally explain how to do this.

I have tried that but it's said I have done it to meany times so will have to try tomorrow thanks for the helpĀ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @John871,

Sorry to hear that you had some issues with your texts.

Please let us know if you still require assistance and we would be happy to help.

Ā 

Kash

Why iD Mobile?