Solved

Raising my out-of-plan charges cap while abroad

• 12 July 2023
  • 5 replies

I’m in Bosnia-Hercegovina, and suddenly I’ve had to answer a flurry of important phone calls from back home in the UK, but I’ve hit my £50 spending cap pretty quickly…. I was even cut off mid-conversation on my last incoming call!

The system doesn’t let me increase my cap beyond £50 and now I’m worried that I cannot be reached from the UK anymore, please is there a way to cancel or increase my spending cap, at least temporarily?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Len Van 13 July 2023, 22:20

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately @Len Van, the £50 cap is your existing credit limit, which iD have set for your account. 

You might be lucky and get an increased credit limit - hopefully the iD customer service team can assist. 

Thanks Ande, I hope so too! Otherwise it’ll be a different provider for me as soon as I can

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’m not sure other providers will be significantly different in this regard @Len Van, but good luck anyway. 

Well whoever has the same issue -- once I got past the chatbot I got through to a human who could double my cap on the spot. Not even sure I need it anymore, but nice to know it’s possible at least :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Len Van,

You can’t increase your spend cap beyond your credit limit as this is the cap amount.

It may be manually possible by making a payment upfront after speaking to us.

This would only be temporary.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?