Question

Reason for credit check failure

• 2 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi I applied for a contract through carphone warehouse and was instantly told it was rejected for a credit check failure. This doesn't make sense since I have a good score, recently aquired a mortgage and also have had a phone contract for over a decade now. 

I would like to know why I was rejected. My credit report shows no pending searches either. My wife who lives at the same address and also works with me doing the same job so makes 0 sence why she would hace a contract for more money accepted at the same time I get rejected. Could the fact we applied on the same day be a reason?

Can someone help? I can provide further details if required. 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Hi,

I’ve just had exactly the same thing happen to me. Applied through Carphone Warehouse. Credit is fine and seems like no checks against it but order has been cancelled.

iD Mobile can you look into this and advise? Seems to be a regular issue after a quick look on the community page.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Nobody’s credit is ‘fine’ because each lender has their own criteria that must be met in order to be accepted for credit. Having no debts and a savings account of 10 million doesn’t guarantee a successful credit application.

iD Mobile will not tell you the reason you failed the credit check, no lender will. If lenders told applicants the reason for the failure, they would use that info to beat the credit check process.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Sign up free with one of the credit reporting agencies, and then check YOUR report.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Adam616 & @MHookham 

Unfortunately we wouldn’t be able to give further details on the failure of a credit check, we only have the yes or no answer to it, sorry about this.

We’d recommend allowing at least 60 days before trying again.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?