Solved

recall porting request to the new provider

• 18 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello, 

I tgink I may have put myself in some pickle with transferring my number across from ID to a different provider.

i saw a good offer elswhere, requested my PAC, applied it and requested porting.

then I realised that there was a catch and the offer was not good at all as it looked first.

called this new provider and requested to stop my porting. The customer adviser said he could not do tgat on the phone and gave me an email addrrss to request it via email, which I did.

this was yesterday.

today I get a txt from ID that porting request has been received and is in progress being processed.

I do not want to leave iD and do not want to lose my number, so not sure what can I do now. 
please help

icon

Best answer by Kash 20 March 2024, 16:19

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @R2NEK,

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately we are unable to stop the port request.

If the port has been requested it’s likely that it can’t be stopped.

I would advise contacting the new provider to see if they can stop the request on their end.

Kash

Hi, thank you for the response.

Indeed, it has not been re-called despite I emailed both providers requesting to stop porting.

It is heavily annoying, but if nothing could be done about it - then “tough”, I have to deal with it.

When I get PAC code from this new mobile provider, can I move the number back to iD - as a nee customer immediately? 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @R2NEK, that’s correct, yes. Once the number transfers away from iD, you’ll be able to apply for a new iD plan and port the number back over to us. Just so that you’re aware however, applying for a new plan will mean that you’re subjected to another credit check.

-Lauren

Why iD Mobile?