Question

Refer a friend legitimately for 30 day sim only - £10 each gift card, costs £6?

• 7 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi there,

Not intending to abuse nor have I referred anyone but this just seems weird to me so I must be wrong. How can refer a friend reward £20 between the two of you for a 30 day sim only that costs, say, £6? Isn't that just £14 free plus a month of data etc? 

If correct, please let me know how NOT to abuse this as of course family members and friends would want this.

If incorrect, please explain why/direct me to the t&cs on this as couldn't find in the t&cs supplied. Thank you!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Dcluk95 

To be eligible for the refer a friend program you’d send your friend a link to purchase from us and depending on what they purchase they’ll get a £10, £15 or £30 voucher from us.

They’ll get this voucher AFTER having;

Followed the email journey and entered their account number

and

Paid their first 2 monthly bills

Once the above has been done, the voucher will be sent via email automatically 90 days after having initially entered their account number.

For more info on our refer a friend program, we’d recommend the below;

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/legal/terms-and-conditions-refer-a-friend

Tom

Hi Tom

, so to clarify one month sim onlys require a further month purchase to achieve the vouchers? My understanding is that would be £10 for me and 10 for them. With your cheapest SIM only plan for 2 months that still leaves us having made money from you in addition to having 2 months of a sim plan.

Please don't get me wrong, not looking to abuse, but my friend does have a 2nd phone for which he needs working sims -- this offer feels unfair on you 

For the record, in London at least I'd is cheapest and fastest 5g speeds so I'd recommend you to all friends, this feels like an easy way of getting them to try. 366mbps 5g dl speed record means unless you get way more expensive I'm a new loyal customer at least!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Dcluk95,

You can find further information at the link below:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/legal/terms-and-conditions-refer-a-friend#:~:text=The%20Referrer%20may%20claim%20a,Family%20from%20the%20same%20household.

30-Day SIM Only

12 or 24 Month SIM 

Only

24- Month Phone Plan

Referrer

£10 Currys gift card

£15 Currys gift card

£30 Currys gift card

Friend

£10 Currys gift card

£15 Currys gift card

£30 Currys gift card