Question

Registering with iD mobile

• 7 February 2024
  • 3 replies

New customer, ported number from another network a week ago. 

Has been trying to register from the day after porting. When I click register, after entering the ported number, surname and date of birth, nothing happens (screen does not change).

Tried using the forgot password link and got the following message repeatedly:

“Something wasn't quite right. Can you enter your details again please?”

Tried using the forgot username or email link and the same error message as above.

Have checked the details entered, they were correct. 

Would appreciate your help. 

Thanks in advance

3 replies

Further update to my query as above:

Tried using the original number that came with the sim. Received a SMS from iD mobile and entered the passcode. The next screen it says:

“Sorry, that email address is already registered to an iD account. Please use a different one.”

I am yet to register with the iD mobile as said before. 

I can not remember registering with iD mobile in the past. Is it because I might have used iD mobile in the past? If so, how can I contact the customer services to delete the previous account?

Thanks in advance

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately, iD Mobile won’t delete a previous account, @drmohan99

If you’ve got a Gmail mailbox, you can easily created an alias for your mailbox. For example, the mailbox another@gmail.com could have the following aliases: 

1. a.n.other@gmail.com
  2. an.other@gmail.com 

In addition, email address another@googlemail.com might also work as an alias.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @drmohan99,

Welcome to the Community!

If you have used the email address before you will need to register with a new email.

However you can also try what @andewhite has suggested if you previously use a Gmail email address.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?