Question

request replacement for stolen sim but live chat is not helping

• 15 April 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

My phone was stolen so I do not have access to my sim. I've tried to use the live chat. I put in "speak to an agent". then "request replacement for stolen sim" then details about my first name and my id mobile number. I then wait for the time until it suppose to redirect me. But every time nothing happens when the time ends. I’ve tried this multiple on different devices and still no outcome. I’ve been without a sim for almost 6 weeks now and I have not been able to contact anyone about my problem. Extremely poor customer service. Can someone help because i’ve been paying my costs but can’t use my phone. I need my sim urgently!  

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Zeeshan05 

Apologies for any issues you’ve had with the Live Chat, we’ve had heavy volumes on all fronts including the Live Chat, for a replacement SIM it’s possible to pick one up from your local Currys store and then activate it via the iD Mobile app/website. Please let us know if you’re still having issues here with this.

Tom

I need a replacement SIM. I deactivated my SIM while abroad and cannot reactivate it. It is not lost, stolen etc so all the options given on live chat are not relevant, making it an impossible process to go through.

I am still out of the country so cannot go to Curry's. I need it delivered to a UK address (not the one on my account settings). 

Given I cannot arrange this through the live chat, how can this be arranged?

Thanks

Jack 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Maybe try sending iD support a private message on Facebook Messenger, or X (Twitter) DM, to ask for assistance. 

The agents work until 6pm at weekends and on bank holiday @Jack Tatham

Maybe try sending iD support a private message on Facebook Messenger, or X (Twitter) DM, to ask for assistance. 

The agents work until 6pm at weekends and on bank holiday @Jack Tatham

Ok thanks. If this is the solution, why does ID mobile have this long winded community page rather than just directing me to FB/X in the first place?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately this forum isn’t for real time chat with iD - although promoted as being for 24/7 support, IMO this is disingenuous.

Maybe social media provides options when there is a problem with the online Live Chat, and you can also leave iD support a message out-of-hours. 

Live Chat might be iD’s preferred method for customer support?

Unfortunately this forum isn’t for real time chat with iD - although promoted as being for 24/7 support, IMO this is disingenuous.

Maybe social media provides options when there is a problem with the online Live Chat, and you can also leave iD support a message out-of-hours. 

Live Chat might be iD’s preferred method for customer support?

Unfortunately live chat was useless for me. I wasn't speaking with a real person and my problem falls between the cracks of what the robot offers - impossible to proceed

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Jack Tatham, just type “talk to a person” after connecting on live chat. 

You will avoid the bot, and can speak to an agent.

🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Jack Tatham 

Do you still need help with a replacement SIM here?

Please let us know so we can get in touch if needs be.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?