Question

Rest of world charge but havent been outside EU

• 26 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I have been charged £25 for rest of world roaming despite never leaving Europe.  Can this be explained?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You can roam in the UK - I believe that’s how it’s possible to make an emergency call without coverage on your home network.

Perhaps you inadvertently connected to the mobile network operating on a cruise ship or ferry, if you happened to be near or at the coast at the time of the charge.

This appears to happen quite often in the Cromer area of Norfolk.

Userlevel 1

Thanks I was on a cruise but whenever I was on the ship I was in airplane mode.  Only put data back on when we were in port and checked I wasn't on the ships data as this happened before ?! 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Given the iD roaming data rates for Internet and data when using Ships, Ferries, Cruise Liners are £9.60/MB, it wouldn’t take long to reach £25 at those rates. 

Perhaps your cruise itinerary took you close to a non-EU + EEA destination.

Userlevel 1

Can someone from ID please respond?  The bill doesn't break down where or when I'm meant to have used this data.  Is there any way to speak to customer services?  Can someone tag some from ID? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Andy Watt

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?